20g Long w/ 24w T5HO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Retested 2 hours after dosing with 2 ml Ammonia.

pH 8.4, just like yesterday, pH went up big. I tested the water as I was adding it and the pH register 7.4. Yesterday, pH went down to 7.4 later in the day so there must be something in the tank I guess????

Ammonia 1.0
NitrItes 2.0 light purple
NitrAtes 40 light red

Last edited:
Yesterday I did a 50% water change but did not dose so I could see if the bacteria can eat the N02.

Tested today at 3 pm.

I recently planted an Anubius, the tall big leaf plant on the Left back of the tank picture. It had potting soil as a root ball. Could that make my pH climb so much...7.4 to 8.8?

Last edited:
pH 7.4
Ammonia 0
N02 around 2
N03 20

I assume I am reading the levels correctly. My pH went down to what it normally is. The big plant with the potting soil root ball must be the culprit in the rise in pH.

Last edited:
Tank cycled..Set up May 11th...38 days total.
Ammonia 0
NO2 0
NO3 20

I moved the 3 Swordtails into the tank yesterday and checked water this morning....everything good!

I have 1 male, 3 females, and 5 or 6 baby Endler's in my 10g along with my 9 Swordtail babies from two baby cycles.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in the middle of this but I wanted to say I really like the look of the tank with the white sand (I think that's what it is). Very cool. (y)

Back
Top Bottom