20g tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, wondering if people could just give me a little advice about my proposed stocking list for my 20g tall (is it overstocked? compatability? etc). It's well cycled and established, and heavily planted.

Schooling small fish-
I was thinking about getting 2 groups of 5 fish. Tossing up and planning to get 2 group from the following 3: cardinal tetras, rummynose tetras, and harlequin rasboras.

Bottom dwellers-
Thinking about buying 10 glass shrimp. I was thinking maybe about 5 kuhli loaches as well, or a few corys (would be either or), but I'm a bit concerned with them pestering the glass shrimp (since there isn't the massive substrate surface area since its a tall not long tank)

Mid tank algae cleaners-
Planning to get around 3 otos

"Centre-piece" fish-
I pondering whether to get a DG or not. I'm a bit concerned considering the stories about their poor health due to mass breeding, fighting if you have a group <4. I'm not really that comfortable with my bio-load if I have 4 of them, and if the above is true, it looks like I might be able to have only 1.

Any suggestions would be great! TIA.

I would suggest only one DG. I started with 4, one died right away, one was stressed to death by the mean one, and the last 2 had to be seperated. But I do like them, and the two I have left are great and healthy! I also started with 7 H. Rasb., but am now down to 2, since they had a fungus I didn't catch in time.

Back
Top Bottom