210g HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I overfilter my 55g? I hooked one of my cf500 up to it to get bio for my 210. Seemed like the right thing to do but now that its going im not sure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Of course you can as long as they aren't plastered to the glass from to much flow

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You will be fine... I had an ehiem 2080 running on a 50g with 21 cichlids for maybe 3month plus before adding them in the 130g.

Here is the new tank. I have water and crushed coral in it now but too cloudy for pic.

Attachments

• 1395985362320.jpg
    1395985362320.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 59
Its up and running with crushed coral and lace rock.

Attachments

• 1396371265713.jpg
    1396371265713.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 59
I even have some residents too.

Attachments

• 1396371370073.jpg
    1396371370073.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 47
Very nice bonedog! What did that size tank cost?

Lol...too much. Im not sure of the breakdown but stand, tank, crushed coral, 2 canisters and heaters was 2100$. Im into it just over 2500$ now with lace rock, lighting and my first round of fish. Im going to go get a power head today and then I think im good besides more fish. Started with 3 pairs of peacocks, a pair of haps, and a pair of utaka. My red peacock female is holding.

Will you be running a sump in the near future or will those be the filter that you will be running? I'm asking since your aquarium is reef ready. You don't have the canister hooked up to the overflow system do you?

Yes canisters are hooked to overflow. Is that bad? Its not goimg to be salt water. Its a cichlid community tank. Ive only had fish a few weeks so I dont think im ready for salt water quite yet.

That's perfectly fine to have them in the overflow. It will provide excellent surface skimming!

Ok cool. I think im getting a grasp on it but any advice is welcomed. Lol...I already want a new tank. Thinking I have room for a 29g in my bedroom.

Just think here and not for sure on any of it. My thought will be the evaporation for the canister/aquarium combo. At least when that happens in the sump, the sump levels drops but not the aquarium level so the aquarium levels stays the same all the time. Give it a try & see what happens. Take out water via siphon in a 5gals bucket. See how many gallons of water you can remove before canister are not pumping out water. Summer is right around the corner so evaporation happens quicker. I think in my aquarium i lose about 3-5gals per week in the summer.

Also,the overflow also draws in air & not sure that will cause an airlock down the line or if it will prematurely failed on the pump side My thinking here & IMHO is that you spent a good chuck of money for an awesome aquarium size plus everything else so why not use it for it's full benefit of the reef ready. Doesn't have to be done now but down the road go to your LFS & they might have someone make you a sump per your specs which also in the long run adds more water volume to your aquarium which is a plus.

Here our LFS will make a sump (or bring your tank to use) & will charge $10 per baffle and make it to your specs. Good luck (y)

Just bought a pair of frontosa to put in my 210. :) got a dozen in there now.

Back
Top Bottom