28 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mines 4weeks now just waiting for the ammonia to clear up. Will it really clear up? Mines yellow but cloudy or milky. Will it be clear?

Mr. rY said:
Mines 4weeks now just waiting for the ammonia to clear up. Will it really clear up? Mines yellow but cloudy or milky. Will it be clear?

Saltwater always makes the ammonia test a milky color.

Ok thats good to hear that means mines cycled, ive been waiting for my ammonia to be clear lol, well ima do a wc tomorow, im gna start mixing salt right now, so excited thanks!

grabberblue2010 said:
My tank will be running 2 weeks on Friday

Where did you get your live rock? If you got it from your LFS and it went straight from the store to your tank, you may have had a very small cycle. The pic of the test you had looked to be zero across the board to me, and you said there wasn't much left of the shrimp. You may be further along then you think. :) Give it about another week and test a few times between now and then to make sure there are no spikes.

Do you have your lights on already? If not turn them on starting with two hrs a day for a couple of days then three and so forth. This will give your tank time grow some algae and eat up the nutrients. This should stop a full blown bloom like I had. (I didn't know this) give a few more weeks to balance out and add CUC.

Crystal A said:
Do you have your lights on already? If not turn them on starting with two hrs a day for a couple of days then three and so forth. This will give your tank time grow some algae and eat up the nutrients. This should stop a full blown bloom like I had. (I didn't know this) give a few more weeks to balance out and add CUC.

I learned that one the hard way too. :) Good things happen slow and turn bad overnight in this hobby.

Qube said:
Where did you get your live rock? If you got it from your LFS and it went straight from the store to your tank, you may have had a very small cycle. The pic of the test you had looked to be zero across the board to me, and you said there wasn't much left of the shrimp. You may be further along then you think. :) Give it about another week and test a few times between now and then to make sure there are no spikes.

I did get my lr from LFS I will keep testing as of this morning shrimp is gone

Crystal A said:

Running lights very minimal

I started with
1 turbo snail
2-astera snails
6 hermits (3 blue 3 red)
1 emerald crab
2 nassarius snails
Took a bit of time but now no algae, cross my fingers. I now have to feed my CUC especially the turbo he is quite large.

Looking very similar to last nights results

Also quick question anyone out there with a nano cube how much water should be in the back chambers?

I have an media basket from Intank but I noticed the water in the pump chambers a bit low. Normal?

Attachments

• image-686191012.jpg
    image-686191012.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for info with last nights test (see previous reply) should I be doing anything else? When should I test again?

Nope on the right track, start to turn lights on longer, watch for algae, and test in two days again. Once your algae starts to develope test again and add a minimal CUC to start.

Thanks again for all the info I will wait till Saturday to test again I am seeing diatoms and what looks like some hair algae starting on live rock

All right! You wait the stuff that grows will amaze and scare you all at the same time!! I thought the forest would never go away but over time it did and then all kinds of bugs and pods appeared out of nowhere. Very interesting.....

Crystal A said:
All right! You wait the stuff that grows will amaze and scare you all at the same time!! I thought the forest would never go away but over time it did and then all kinds of bugs and pods appeared out of nowhere. Very interesting.....

So what are my next steps?

Back
Top Bottom