28 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time and patience! I know it sounds so hard and well it is. I just found that allowing the tank to establish itself before I even added a CUC seemed to be beneficial. I did SWC once a week faithfully and at about the 3rd week I added a turbo snail. It was from an established tank so he was and is big! Another week went by and I added the rest of the cleanup crew that I have now.gave it more time to balance out and about a month and a half later added the clowns.

Crystal A said:
Time and patience! I know it sounds so hard and well it is. I just found that allowing the tank to establish itself before I even added a CUC seemed to be beneficial. I did SWC once a week faithfully and at about the 3rd week I added a turbo snail. It was from an established tank so he was and is big! Another week went by and I added the rest of the cleanup crew that I have now.gave it more time to balance out and about a month and a half later added the clowns.

I hear you and I know how hard not rushing is I had a 75 gallon that I rush and it was an awful experience to say the least

That's not good. A 75 gallon would be a nice tank. I was gonna try to convert my 55g but it was tempers glass so nano I went. :)

Ok today will run some more tests as its now been 2 weeks since the shrimp was dropped in and has since been gone

Test results from today with shrimp cycle method did a PWC 2 days ago what are we thinking? More diatoms appearing some hair algae my one rock looks to be showing signs of green coralline algae. Rock was cured going into tank from LFS

Attachments

• image-1768656789.jpg
    image-1768656789.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 46
If I had to say I would think that my tank has cycled any opinions?

Attachments

• image-2522205391.jpg
    image-2522205391.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 123
grabberblue2010 said:
If I had to say I would think that my tank has cycled any opinions?

I believe it has. Great shot of he tank! So what is your first fish going to be?

My normal suggestion list LOL

Clowns, chalk bass, gobie(s), blenny, royal gramma....just a couple off the top of my head

Check out Nano Fish

They have ALOT of fish that would work in your tank and can give you a basic idea of requirements. :)

Yeah cleanup crew.. They are some of the most interesting things in the tank. I would strongly suggest nassarius snails, the most funny looking things you will ever see, but man are they fun to watch when you drop a tiny morsal of meat in the tank. :p

New pics tank doing well adding fish tomorrow

Attachments

• image-1281915030.jpg
    image-1281915030.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image-4210934557.jpg
    image-4210934557.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom