28 Gallon JBJ Nano Cube Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good! So today is fish day, huh? Always exciting!

Just as a reminder, always take it slow. :)

I am new to the whole saltwater Tank and to fish tanks period. I was just reading some post on here and what is a shrimp cycle I think is what it's called but when you put the shrimp in there to break down is that recommended and what do you do? I started my tank up last night it's 14 gal bio cube and I got 20 lbs live sand and like 20 lbs of live Rock. Thats all I have in it right now no fish,cuc,corals. I'm just gonna give it a few weeks to cycle and do 20% water changes weekly for first 4 weeks. I just wanna makes sure I get the best result any thing helps so just let me know thanks.

Chargingxray said:
I am new to the whole saltwater Tank and to fish tanks period. I was just reading some post on here and what is a shrimp cycle I think is what it's called but when you put the shrimp in there to break down is that recommended and what do you do? I started my tank up last night it's 14 gal bio cube and I got 20 lbs live sand and like 20 lbs of live Rock. Thats all I have in it right now no fish,cuc,corals. I'm just gonna give it a few weeks to cycle and do 20% water changes weekly for first 4 weeks. I just wanna makes sure I get the best result any thing helps so just let me know thanks.

I used the shrimp method with cured live rock from LFS tank cycled in about a month

grabberblue2010 said:
I used the shrimp method with cured live rock from LFS tank cycled in about a month

Okay thanks. Do you think I need a uv sanitizer.

Peppermint shrimp is having a buffet with snails any idea if this is normal for peppermint shrimp or is he overly aggressive?

New pics sorry about the quality taken from my iPhone

Attachments

• image-391203532.jpg
    image-391203532.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1116231231.jpg
    image-1116231231.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2347155496.jpg
    image-2347155496.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 100
Def not aiptasia they are yellow polyps picked up that chunk of live rock from LFS for $9

Yeah, those tenticals do look super long, yellow polyps are looking to be the guy. Well, you'll know if they start moving around your tank lol.

Back
Top Bottom