28 Gallon SW Build...hopefully...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And they are 39W bulbs...I would be able to tweak the colors so i can get some really nice colors to pop correct?

I think it would totally depend on seeing it in person and adjusting. you want full coverage but you dont want to hang it too high either. :)

The 6 bulbs should make up for alot I think anyways. Do you have any idea how you would hang it? Does it have a hanging kit available for it?

Marinedepot has a selection for an AquaticLife Hanging kit so it seems to be possible...i'm actually reading it now...But that's gonna be a big day for me dropping about 500 bucks on the light...lol.

Lol...thats so funny...I was just looking at that exact one!!! Get out of my head Carey!!! I think this will work perfectly...just gotta save a 100 bucks a week, have a few drinks and just buy the light...then decide what bulbs to get...comes with:

(4) 24" T5 HO 24W Actinic / Blue Lamps
(1) 24" T5 HO 24W 10,000K Lamps
(1) 24” T5 HO 24W Purple Lamp
(2) 1W Lunar LED's

Probably would upgrade to better bulbs like Mr X. had suggested before

Me, I;d keep the purple and the actinics. Trade out the 2 10k's for maybe an ati aquablue special at about 12k spectrum.

I was actually just thinking that...This sounds terrible to say but i love the way the colors pop on the corals they sell on liveaquaria...i would love that look.

My RO/DI unit will be in today!!! Holy Moly that was fast!!! I can start making water today...well that is if i figure it out how to use it.

Any paticular brand of salt i should be buying? Reef crystals?

Also need to get some water storage too...

Im gonna have two tanks equalling 64 gallons of SW. One is FOWLR and the other will be the reef...how much water should i always have on hand?

Should i store RO/DI water for a reserve? Or should i have it already mixed with salt?

You'll need about 15g for water changes and a few gallons for top off water.

I keep 32+ gallons on hand of ro/di water in case of emergency.

WATER BARREL

What about something like this elevated off the floor with a ball valve to fill 5 gallon buckets? Use the barrels as storage?

Also another question...Is there a light i should use for over the AC 70 fuge for the macro growth?

Thats pretty sweet Carey..thank you. Got my AC70 today...this thing is pretty large and the fuge mod looks to be pretty simple. I have a wedding this weekend but hopefully will get some time to do some tank stuff. All my other gear will be here next week...feels like xmas!!!!!

Ok picked up 200 gallons worth of Kent reef salt...just need to figure out a substrate and wait for the rest of my presents to come and i should be good to go.

Is there a better substrate for reef systems?

BfishLpond78 said:
WATER BARREL

What about something like this elevated off the floor with a ball valve to fill 5 gallon buckets? Use the barrels as storage?

Where you live if there are any farm feed or horse type supply stores nearby,you might check with them.They will usually sell real cheap industrial strength plastic barrels they receive feed and so on in.

Got my RO unit today...hooked it up to my garden hose and it leaks...any ideas on what i can do? Teflon tape? Also can you buy this tubing anywhere like home depot?

Back
Top Bottom