28 Gallon SW Build...hopefully...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dou have all the adpators seated properly? They are oush in out in type things. And yep, HD or lowes will have it.

Ya i checked all the seals...it leaks right from the hose adapter out the thread side...i think i just need teflon tape

Success!!!! Ok so how much flow should i expect to have? Or what is ideal?

I get about 5g an hour. with a 3 to 1 ratio of waste water. make sure you make and discrad at least the first 10g or so, or like the instructions say

Awesome running it through its 10-15gal break in...got it set up from the faucet off the house and the waste water drains into the sink...need to organize my tubing but so far it seems to be working ok.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110918_162358.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110918_162358.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 79
All cleaned up...so far so good for me. Getting good flow and no leaks gonna run it for 10 or so gallons use the water to rinse the barrels...then i should be ready to start making some real water

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110918_164539.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110918_164539.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 85
Thank you...need to start mixing salt after i get my barrels full.

What is needed for the salt barrel....heater and PH?

Yep, if the ambient weather isn't tank temp then you need the heater. I use a powerhead in my can, a koralia 750 does a fine job

Ok sweet i have aqueon 700...should be ok i think. Whats the best placement of the PH in the can? On the bottom facing up?

could a person even keep a transfer/return pump in the can to keep things moving? then just hook up a hose to it when im ready to fill?

I would like to do something like that at some point. But for now with garbage cans how do people transfer the water with 5 gal pails? Do you scoop out water into the 5 gal pail?

I do my buckets by every 3g so I fill the 5g bucket using a 1/2 g small can. I also use the pump method for my 125g pwc's, way too many buckets lol

Ok im getting about 5 gallons of water ever 45 mins...is this ok? This is also the "break in" periodif that has to do with anything

Well the break-in period i guess is over. Wish i got a TDS meter....doh!!! Guess ill order one tomorrow.

Anyone have an automatic shut off for their units so they dont have to babysit it?

What kind of valve? Lol you saying i have a nice set up with trash cans...lol

Back
Top Bottom