29 Gallon Coralife Nano Reef Stocking/Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katy410

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finally got my first fish and inverts today! Two occelaris clowns, about 6 turbo snails, and an emerald crab. Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate all read 0, even after putting in the livestock! Everything seems to be doing fine. The clowns just ate, but do look a bit dark. I don't know. The snails are all fine, but keep trying to climb out. I had an outbreak of green hair algae, but I turned off the lights for a few days, and it was all almost off the live rock. The snails seemed to have gotten rid if a lot of it, and I scrubbed down the walls with the acrylic scrubber, which leads to my first question, do I clean the aquarium acrylic cleaner? And if so, how? Next up, I need more inverters and a better cleaning crew, more fish, and corals. What do you think that I should go for next? And what should I feed the emerald crab, shrimp? He has quite a bit of bubble algae, but has not touched it. I was also planning on getting a lettuce nudibranch to help with the green hair algae, but I already spent a hundred or so dollars. I have a power head that I didn't put in yet, should I out it in? Okay, thanks in advance!
~Katy

(Here are all the questions, give or take. I may add more.)
1. Do I clean the acrylic aquarium brush scrubber thing? And if so, how?
2. What fish/corals/inverts should I get next, from my current livestock:
Pair of occelaris clowns
Emerald crab
6 turbo snails
3. Besides the algae already in the tank, and the leftover fish-food, what should i feed the emerald crab? Shrimp?
4. Should I put my powerhewd in now, or wait until I get corals?
5. I have lots of machinery, including a heater and a thermometer, in plain sight. I don't mind the thermometer, but the heater and soon-to-be-put-up-powerhead are complete eyesores. Can I hang them up in he back chamber? I know that I can't with the powerhead, but what about the heater?

Pictures of my clowns, crab, etc.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393212632.102731.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393212644.162542.jpg
There are also a bunch of snails in that picture above.

For corals, its all depends on lightning. I suggest going for mushrooms and polyps or easy lps at the begenning see how they go. What lights are you running?

For corals, its all depends on lightning. I suggest going for mushrooms and polyps or easy lps at the begenning see how they go. What lights are you running?

All stock. There is a 10k grow light, and an u think 6 or 7k night light. Then there are a few lights in between, bt I don't know how bright they are.

How do I clean the acrylic scraper? Do I just wash it out with two water? And also, can I just feed an emerald crab some shrimp from the grocery store? Or just dried seaweed from there?

Back
Top Bottom