29 gallon ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bdp242

Aquarium Advice Activist
What variety of fish would you reccomend for a 29 gallon high tank

I have a 29 gal as well :) You have a lot of options, too many to list really. Is there a particular kind of fish you are interested in and we can go from there? Do you like larger fish or groups of smaller fish?

Looking for a good variety! Maybe both kinds

Well, a few centerpice options are apistos, honey gouramis, or paradise fish.
I always recommend cories for any community because they are so darn cute. There are also kuhli loaches, porthole catfish, and SA bumble bee catfish.
Zebra danios, glowlight danios, orange fin danios, purple passion danios, and a handful of good community killifsh.
Pristella tetras, penguin tetras, espy rasboras, kerri blue tetra, lemon tetras, and black neons are a few options too. :)

thanks! There is so much to think about! My platy had alot of babies so it looks like I'm being forced to upgrade since I can't handle letting any animal die lol

Yeah, stocking can be overwhelming because there are so many options! Lol. I love platys. :) All the fish I listed should be fine with some platy tankmates if you want to keep a few of them in the 29g. :)
There are a whole of other options too, so let us know if you get an idea of anything you do or don't like. :)

Back
Top Bottom