29 gallon ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i recently got another tank, it is a 29 gallon tank. i was planing on using it for breeding but i keep getting smaller tanks when i need them for babies all my other tanks are 20-2.5 gallons, i have 1 29 gallon that is my main community tank, so i would like to set up a 29 gallon tank and i don't want to set it up as a community tank.

any ideas?

You could do something like a Betta Sorority. Not my thing but they are certainly colorful and entertaining.

Caleb

A set up for a group of bolivian rams, maybe 3-4 of them.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definately do puffers!

Puffers are really cool and should be considered. Watch their teeth tho.

Puffers are really cool and should be considered. Watch their teeth tho.

Are you talking about the BB puffer because they should be kept alone since they are pretty aggressive and they actually have beaks I believe, not teeth.

I think you should go with a ram pair with neon tetras being your schooling fish. About 12-15

Are you talking about the BB puffer because they should be kept alone since they are pretty aggressive and they actually have beaks I believe, not teeth.

Nope it's teeth. All puffers except the dwarf puffer need to have their teeth clipped every now and then.

Caleb

A set up for a group of bolivian rams, maybe 3-4 of them.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you were to do that it would need to only be 1 male or else fighting over territory may occur.

Caleb

thanks for all the ideas, i'm looking for something more predatory id be fine with 1 or 2 larger fish(what my tank will allow)rams are cool but i have a community tank already i would like to try something new. i like the direction of the puffers i just don't relay like puffers

thats realy lame i know they are invasive but it should be illegal to relese them or something like that not to keep them, any other ideas

You could do a single angelfish as a centerpiece and then a carefully selected peaceful community. Our angelfish does quite nicely with platies, kuhli loaches and corydoras in a 29.

I do wish snakehead wee not illegal though. Some look pretty dang cool I have to admit.

Caleb

Set up a river tank. Use PVC and powerheads to put powerheads on one side of tank with the intake on the other side so you have unidirectional flow. Then you can do hillstream and brookstream loaches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom