29 gallon journey/journal/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you YouTube it there are some interesting shots of plants that have pearled it looks really cool.. when I get me 55 gallon I'm gonna do a co2 system

Cool. Man, I keep 2nd guessing myself. First I like my tank, then I hate it... It's bothering me lol.

I do the same thing, I always pick out something then a week later change my mind. It's a constant rotation, and it get frustrating sometimes lol.

GoneFishing said:
ahh ok.. I'm still trying to understand cycling levels and what they mean, but with used media and your ammo at two, I wouldn't think you have to much longer to go.

The only thing is that I still have the nitrite spike... That was what killed my fish on my fish in cycle. Never again. :p.

oh lol.. when you posted your stats you have nitrIte at 0 and nitrAte at 2.5. That's why I said you should be close lol

GoneFishing said:
oh lol.. when you posted your stats you have nitrIte at 0 and nitrAte at 2.5. That's why I said you should be close lol

Oh, lol. I'll shoot Eco a PM... This is his forte. Any other advice would be great!

Today's stats:
Ammonia: 2
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2.5
Do I need to dose back up, or do I wait till I hit 0?

Homedog98 said:
Today's stats:
Ammonia: 2
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2.5
Do I need to dose back up, or do I wait till I hit 0?

Dose it on up! :). Keep on getting it up to 4ppm every 24 hours. You'll be seeing no2 really soon.

Ok, sent mom out for betta pellets. Petsmart didn't have hikari betta-bites. :p. She got aqueon betta bites instead. Will that be ok? Sparky sure seems to think so lol. (and the tetras don't mind either! Lol. Can someone say PIRANHA?) lol.

They'll be fine. Betta-specific foods are not necessary IMO. But your betta will certainly eat it. LOL.

Ok, sent mom out for betta pellets. Petsmart didn't have hikari betta-bites. :p. She got aqueon betta bites instead. Will that be ok? Sparky sure seems to think so lol. (and the tetras don't mind either! Lol. Can someone say PIRANHA?) lol.

I fed aqueon pellets for a short time when I couldn't get my hands on hikari and the difference was noticeable. 3 out of 12 bettas were bloated after about a week. I think the stuff is no good, personally. It doesn't even look like it was designed with bettas in mind..the pellets are much too large and hard, so if you do feed them, I would definitely soak them in tank water first. I have experimented with many betta foods and have experienced far less bloat and SBD when feeding only Hikari or NLS pellets along with frozen foods. :)

We have always fed NLS to our bettas so I feel that I should clarify that my comment was directed toward betta-specific foods and not Aqueon brand in particular. I don't have any experience with the Aqueon betta food.

Ok... Since hopefully I'm close to fish, I was wondering how to drip acclimate... I think I get the gist... Don't you like, get the suction going on some airline tubing, and put a little cap with a hole poked in it, so water is constantly dripping into the bag?

Back
Top Bottom