29 gallon journey/journal/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I let my sister pick out a betta. :p she picks out the worst looking one and leaves!!! Then mom makes me buy it. Ugh. Either way, another petsmart betta rescued. She didn't even name the poor guy!

Homedog98 said:
I let my sister pick out a betta. :p she pucks out the worst looking one and leaves!!! Then mom makes me buy it. Ugh. Either way, another petsmart betta rescued. She didn't even name the poor guy!

Was the betta a female? I personally don't like them but my wife loves them..

GoneFishing said:
Was the betta a female? I personally don't like them but my wife loves them..

Male crowntail. I feel bad for him. :( I think I'll name him sparky.

Lol, he's acclimating, and the tetras keep looking at each other like (psst! Who's the new guy!?)

Homedog98 said:
Lol, he's acclimating, and the tetras keep looking at each other like (psst! Who's the new guy!?)

Lol hopefully over the weekend I'm gonna get a little 5 gallon tank to use as a shrimp breeder. Might get some rcs and let them go nuts lol

GoneFishing said:
Lol hopefully over the weekend I'm gonna get a little 5 gallon tank to use as a shrimp breeder. Might get some rcs and let them go nuts lol

Cool.

And he's in! Tetras are nervous, and he's looking around. Right now he's resting behind a cave. Ill probably feed him some after dinner, to let him calm down... Oh dang it! I forgot to get betta pellets. Shoot. I'll pick those up at some point this week I guess. He'll be fine on flake till then I hope.

Amazingly, on my first day as a newb... I wound up with omega one! That's like... The second best brand lol. I'll definitely go shopping and get the hikari betta pellets sometime this week.

Some pictures: how do y'all like the pavers sand? please critique my aquascaping! Pic 2 is a closeup of the cave, 3 is a closeup of the anubias, and 4-5 are of sparky!!!

Attachments

• image-2046864055.jpg
    image-2046864055.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2230932236.jpg
    image-2230932236.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image-312991508.jpg
    image-312991508.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1054299159.jpg
    image-1054299159.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 106
  • image-4278855274.jpg
    image-4278855274.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 105
I'm looking for dwarf hairgrass, and some type of sword that won't take over my tank lol. Also some more anubias, maybe some anarchis, and maybe some hornwort. Do you think i've left enough swimming space, considering I add some of those other plants?

Unless you have upgraded your lighting, it will not be sufficient for dwarf hairgrass. There is plenty of swimming space there.

severum mama said:
Unless you have upgraded your lighting, it will not be sufficient for dwarf hairgrass. There is plenty of swimming space there.

Ya, lighting is next after fish.

From what I read pearling is when plants have enough co2 and the pearls are oxygen forming on the leaves. Some say it doesn't indicate the health of the plants. But I would think otherwise. I think the only way you can get them to pearl is with a co2 system. This is just what I read though

Back
Top Bottom