29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish wrangler - Nice cleanup. Hope you removed all traces of your "adventure". Good luck with the surgery.
Brookster - What are you expecting? A sequel to David Hasselhoff's burger eating episode from 2012?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hahaha you tube that water change please.. take with food;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe...no food though unless its ice cream :D

Fish wrangler - Nice cleanup. Hope you removed all traces of your "adventure". Good luck with the surgery.
Brookster - What are you expecting? A sequel to David Hasselhoff's burger eating episode from 2012?

Thanks fresh. My mom noticed the towel I left to soak up the remaining water but it is all good still.

See you all in a few days! Please don't make me have to read novels on some threads

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This what you're talking about Brookster?

Edit: I thought I would be down for a few days after the surgery, but if the rest of the days are like today I'll be up and about. Pain killers are a gift from above is all I gotta say, trying to avoid using them but this hurts alot. Probably going to do a wc on the 20L and mix for the 75, no videos this time Brooks lol

Ill cheers to that. pain pills treating you ok?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Only had to take one this morning pain isn't that bad today compared to yesterday, its more of a sore pain than throbbing/needle sorta thing like it was yesterday. Think I'm just going to ice for the rest of the night and tomorrow, for work I'll be bringing them with me.

I'm thinking about adding some Rotala Macranda "Japan Red" to the right side of the tank. It just seems empty compared to the left side, and both times I have tried ludwigia sp red it hasn't done much for me.

I figured out how to get the 24/7 to run multiple colors at once! You just have to press one of the color options then use the arrows to increase the other colors. For example I had the whites at 10% then clicked the red arrow 5 or 6 times(50-60%), green's are 20%, and blue's are 10%.

I'm thinking about adding some Rotala Macranda "Japan Red" to the right side of the tank. It just seems empty compared to the left side, and both times I have tried ludwigia sp red it hasn't done much for me.

I figured out how to get the 24/7 to run multiple colors at once! You just have to press one of the color options then use the arrows to increase the other colors. For example I had the whites at 10% then clicked the red arrow 5 or 6 times(50-60%), green's are 20%, and blue's are 10%.

When I had the high tech setup, I could never grow Ludwigia well. I could grow Rotala macrandra, so I say give it a shot! If it has good light and plenty of ferts and CO2, it'll do well.

I second the comment about ludwigia sp. red. Never could get it to do anything in my tank. Of course there is a lack of balance but the other plants at least grew or survived.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Plants going out tomorrow! Hopefully the holiday rush is over and everything arrives on time.

I'm still looking for a rotala macranda source, anyone know someone that has some?

Plants going out tomorrow! Hopefully the holiday rush is over and everything arrives on time.

I'm still looking for a rotala macranda source, anyone know someone that has some?

I had just taken in a bunch to the lfs last week..it's growing back with a vengeance though...I'll be shipping in a couple weeks,pm me if you're interested.

sit in silence...

Just a heads up for anyone that is shipping multiple packages of similar plants at the same time work on one order at a time. Packaged up 3 orders with all of them having basically the same plant just different amounts and keeping it all straight wasn't easy.
Oh and make sure you seal the baggies. I forgot to seal one bag and water leaked out, thankfully i caught it before I dropped it off.

Blyxa patch has been thinned and what remains has been replanted so its not floating(sorry kuhlies), I'm going to trim the staurs to see how they like it, and I have 0 extra stems of octopus finally! Give it a week and I'll have more though :mad:

Multiple orders takes some coordination. I always double check before sealing just in case.
I got some fish bags from Kens Fish and rubber bands from Walmart. Initially bought the bags for auctions, I use them for shipping as well. I find that minimal water and air for plants reduces shifting and bruising during shipping.
Heard back from Hans yet? What did you order? I ordered some filter intake screens and nano moss balls. They look like hairy green grapes. Hope they don't freeze.

Pack 1 box at a time. Put label on that box. Repeat.

Multiple orders takes some coordination. I always double check before sealing just in case.
I got some fish bags from Kens Fish and rubber bands from Walmart. Initially bought the bags for auctions, I use them for shipping as well. I find that minimal water and air for plants reduces shifting and bruising during shipping.
Heard back from Hans yet? What did you order? I ordered some filter intake screens and nano moss balls. They look like hairy green grapes. Hope they don't freeze.

I just used ziploc bags for the plants, I add some extra water and remove as much air as possible to save space.
Its still waiting fulfillment :( I ordered IAL, alder cones, a SS plant guard, and cholla wood.

Pack 1 box at a time. Put label on that box. Repeat.

I didn't have labels and needed a bigger box for your stuff. Packed yours in the USPS parking lot lol

Hehe.... True soldier must improvise. Well done fish

It's a good thing my filter motor is on the output side of things...cleaned the filter and found an adult RCS in the bottom! He got promoted to the 20L with his cousins lol

Staurs didn't get a hair cut today, I want to leave the kuhlies some place to hang out now that I destroyed their blyxa home.

Back
Top Bottom