29 Gallon South American-ish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in love with your setup <3 I have a 30gal that I might stock similarly one day lol

Nice setup man, I have a 26 bf that has a similar stocking.

(5) Black neon tetras
(2) Bolivian Rams
(1) Albino Bristlenose Pleco

I like the plants too, how did you get S.Repens to grow like that on the bulb you have? You don't dose at all? :O

Tank looks good!
Like your stocking also.
Where did you get your rams from?
What is your water parameter? I see soft but ?
The java fern is why I ask.

Thanks!

Rams are from Yunite. They seem to be doing OK, but the female developed some weird cyst on her side about 2 1/2 months ago. No idea what that's all about, but her colors and still good and she's acting/eating normally otherwise. Except that I think she's done spawning for Mr. Ram.

Water parameters are 2.5 dGH, 3 dKH, pH 6.6-7.2 (depends on the season) and 80-81 F. Nitrate is typically 7-15 ppm (maybe 20 once in a while, if I'm really busy and miss a WC).

Nice setup man, I have a 26 bf that has a similar stocking.

(5) Black neon tetras
(2) Bolivian Rams
(1) Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Nice! Black Neons are highly underrated. Great fish for when you need something to occupy the top half of a taller tank. When my GBRs eventually pass, I'll probably end up getting a Bolivian.

I like the plants too, how did you get S.Repens to grow like that on the bulb you have? You don't dose at all? :O

S. repens grew OK for about 9 months with no supplemental nutrition. I think that the pre-pleco algae buildup on the leaves as more harmful than the lack of nutrients. It grew much more easily than Crypt spiralis and Crypt wendtii.

Back
Top Bottom