29g in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenema

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was FINALLY able to set up my 29g tank the way I planned and I couldn't be more excited. Long storey short I got a killer deal on one in December but couldn't set it up until I was out of college in May. Then I ended up rescuing 2 mubuna cichlids that needed quarantine so I still couldn't get it going the way I wanted. But finally I have it up and on its way. Its definitely still a work in progress but this is how it's going so far. I'm still stocking fish slowly and trying to find the rest of the plants I would like in it. (The angelfish will be moved to a larger aquarium soon)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1435783052491.jpg
    1435783052491.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 79
What is your substrate?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Great start to a new tank :) maybe look at some foreground plants if you have the lighting.

Caleb

Great start to a new tank :) maybe look at some foreground plants if you have the lighting.

Caleb

I'm ordering some downoi on monday, couldn't find any locally. I'm also adding bronze crypt wendtii and windelov fern. The mess to the left of the tank will be taken care of too. Those are some clippings I'm trying to grow a little for a friend.

I'm ordering some downoi on monday, couldn't find any locally. I'm also adding bronze crypt wendtii and windelov fern. The mess to the left of the tank will be taken care of too. Those are some clippings I'm trying to grow a little for a friend.

Downoi is an awesome plant!

New picture. Just got the downoi.

Attachments

• 1436377124865.jpg
    1436377124865.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 48
Your downoi may melt back somewhat as they adjust to your tank(be patient&if they don't melt completely they should come around)...they will benefit from quality root tabs as well..
Tissue cultures or tank grown?

Gigantor Downoi
http://i.imgur.com/66u0xAD.jpg

sit in silence...

Your downoi may melt back somewhat as they adjust to your tank(be patient&if they don't melt completely they should come around)...they will benefit from quality root tabs as well..
Tissue cultures or tank grown?

Gigantor Downoi
http://i.imgur.com/66u0xAD.jpg

sit in silence...

Yeah I expect them to melt a little. Hopefully enough will survive. I am making diy root tabs this weekend for them. They're tank grown.

Beautiful angel!

Definitely an impulse buy! I went to our LFS looking for harlies to finish out my school and left with her instead! I took one look at her and had to have her. Here's a close up picture, it doesn't do her justice though. Her ventral fins are actually blue in the light.

Attachments

• 1436478070018.jpg
    1436478070018.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom