29g Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are some good fish options? Will Cory's be ok in there? Currently houses a couple guppies and shrimps :)

I'm doing a angelfish breeder. I'm am going to stock 6 corycats 6 cardinal tetras and a pair of angels. So the Cory's would be fine

i just got 5 panda cory's. love them. from what I read they get along with the majority of fishes. they say to get at least 5 as they like to be in schools.

Yeah and I'd you get a school you'll probably get a few pairs of them too. Females are larger than males and males are darker colored . I have 6 in my 55. Gallon and they are great. Have considered buying more because they are so small in a tank that big.

Bubbles0oO said:
I'm doing a angelfish breeder. I'm am going to stock 6 corycats 6 cardinal tetras and a pair of angels. So the Cory's would be fine

Careful about your cards becoming snacks for the angels.

I think I'll add he cardinal tetras after I get a pair of Angels, what do Guys think?

I've read that u should add the more aggressive fish last. If they r added first and have established a territory they won't be happy with intruders.

Whereas when added later they will take time to acclimate then carve out a niche

I think the post I read was referring to bettas but it seems to be logical for other fish

I can't speak from experience though

I think I'll add he cardinal tetras after I get a pair of Angels, what do Guys think?

This isn't a thread about what to stock in your angelfish tank, please defer future posts to your thread.

Returning to the OP, corys are fine, just get a group of 4-6. Pick smaller ones and it'll give you more options for stocking other stuff also.

Following this one :) I have a 28 gallon with neons and cores for now. Will be adding more.

Thanks everyone :) I have been looking on Aquabid for them, my lfs only has albino and I have read they are shy, is that true? I really want the green ones or mateas (sp?) since I just put black sand in and I think they will stand out good ;) so an appropriate school can consist of only 4? I have also looked into pygmy corys I heard they are small too ;) what other options do I have for this size tank? I've never had a community before. My main consists of Africans :)

Alright, well, change of plans... One of my Africans got into a fight and had to be moved to the 29g. I found a 10g on Craigslist and bought it and set it up. Unfortunately in the meantime I lost some guppies :( I'm down to 1 guppy and 6 shrimp. Can I still stock 4 cory's?

Back
Top Bottom