2ft Outdoor tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alasse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Home to 4 goldies, 1x Ryukin, 1x Fantail & 2x Orandas

img_2896206_0_c494ce9a0090cdbbd0c60c7c9c89154d.jpg

Could never get a pic as normally it doesnt have a light, but due to a recent pull down i have a spare single 2ft T8, tis not the brightest, but helps to get pics lol

So it's a tall 60 gallon. Imo your still way over stocked. Those all I believe get over 8"

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2ft cube should tell you exact dimensions

And sorry i disagree, 20 gal for the 1st goldie and 10gal for any additional, means that i can actually stock it with 5 fancy goldies, but i am happy to keep it at 4.

The white goldie is already at nearly 1ft, just for interest sake. It has not grown anymore, not do i expect it to

Again i disagree :)

I know they are heavy waste producers, i do the testing on the tank. I am also the one that does the water changes needed to keep the tank healthy for them :)

What the problem is that it's a cube and not long. The footprint of the tank is what matters, they don't grow up and down they grow length wise. Eventually the fish will get to big for the tank and it will cause them to grow internally but the outside stops. Look up the word stunted and it should help you out

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ok, i know what stunting is, thanks anyway

The large white goldie has inbetween tanks been kept in a pond, he has not grown anymore in that time. I believe he has maxed in size, so again i have no issue with him being kept in this tank

Its still too small. I don't know how to more clearly tell you. Should I sky write it in letters over your house? Its too small. Period. Do your research. Just the large one needs at minimum 55 long tank. Just for him. You need a 70 or 90 long. But hey they're your fish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its still too small. I don't know how to more clearly tell you. Should I sky write it in letters over your house? Its too small. Period. Do your research. Just the large one needs at minimum 55 long tank. Just for him. You need a 70 or 90 long. But hey they're your fish. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
all good man.. I'm sure your fish are just fine;) to each his own..were friendly around here, advise is simply advise. Besides renting a skilled sky writer would be a fortune!!

Looks great. We got my wife a 36 bow that she is going to put a couple fancy goldfish in. I'm going to off your tank when she wakes up later on.

It went well....until i moved them to the pond while the new tank was coming. Some critter ate them leaving me just the heads :(

Yeah was heartbroken....only have my indoor goldies now.

I ended up selling this tank as it wasnt display quality (the glass was permanently etched)

The outdoor tank has natives in it, i am however debating changing it to goldies...

Back
Top Bottom