2ft starter tank advice on stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aussie84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have had my tank for about 3 months now and have been learn by trial and error unfortunately.

I now have
2 Kribs male and female
3 clown loaches
1 angle
1 small catfish not sure of species
3 kuhli loaches

Was wondering if I can put a breeding pair of firemouths in there with them or would it be to much

If not was wondering if anyone can suggest and different fish to fill in the middle section of my tank

It is about 14, 15 gallons sorry not use to working in us gallons

Yeah you are definitely overstocked. I might put a pair of kribs in there alone at the most, and that's stretching it. The clown loaches get very large and the angel will get very tall so neither one of those species will work long term.

Here's a pic of an average sized adult (several years old) clown loach from loaches.com
image_preview
, and I've seen some much larger than this one, so hopefully that gives you an idea of what is in store.

The loaches and angle are coming out when my other tank is ready which is much larger and quite tall they are all small at the moment.

That's cool. I'd definitely I.D. the catfish to figure out what it is, and once you decide what to move around you can make a stocking plan. I think that it may be best to start from scratch though, but I'd wait for more suggestions, as I don't have any personal experience with kribensis.

I feel that you need to remove fish before you can add anymore fish, youre overstocked, however a nice school of Serpae tetras are great I just got a school of 10 of them yesturday and they are very nice to watch I however have a 75gallon they are in so I wouldnt suggest that many, but they are a great fish...they are kind of messy when they eat however so im going to stop feeding them flakes, they wait for it to sink and they grab it and spit it out in a bunch of little peices then they all eat some of it.

By overstocked do u guys mean to many fish or the potential size the fish can get

Fair enough then I have a 70 gallon tank that I get next week then I can start cycling it and I will transport them out. Does that sound ok or do I need to take them out now I would have to take them back to the fish shop if so

What do u reckon about firemouths in the 70 or are there any other suggestions for different cichlids that won't cause to much trouble

Back
Top Bottom