30 gallon angler tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the shaving brush . I always thought about getting it for my tank but I don't think 2 4 foot t8 bulbs would support it. Good start though.
I was thinking the same thing,except i'm sure an angel and tang would make pretty quick work of it

FTMMWS said:
I was thinking the same thing,except i'm sure an angel and tang would make pretty quick work of it

Yeah. It's cheap enough though that I might throw some in my tank for a treat for the tangs.

Ok. I'm thinking that 6.5k lights should work for the macro. Right? Also- should I do acentics to keep with light simulation for the angler? Or would he be just fine with whites?

He should be fine with whites. Id throw a blue in so the tank isnt so yellow, but it is more eye appealing that way. Fish could careless about the spectrums of light to my knowledge.

Love the setup btw. Trying to do a more open look on my tank so i can get brains, plates, acans, and other corals in the sandbed

Sniperhank said:
He should be fine with whites. Id throw a blue in so the tank isnt so yellow, but it is more eye appealing that way. Fish could careless about the spectrums of light to my knowledge.

Love the setup btw. Trying to do a more open look on my tank so i can get brains, plates, acans, and other corals in the sandbed

Ok. I've ordered 6.5k bulbs. Nothing impressive- but just to keep the plants happy. I'll throw a few blue LEDs in soon as well so it does look better. Probably just a moonlight strip though.

There are so many bottom placement corals that I love! You could do like I did with my 220 when I first got it and just do two islands on the sides of the tank. Just add more than I did to start (though my tank looks nothing like this now) Lol. Here's the general idea though...

img_1917556_0_a032dd11d42b22d1bdb7cdf4b1454cf8.jpg

Just use epoxy to build all the way up on both sides!

Ok. Here he is! I think I'll name him feo lindo. Lol. For any of those that don't speak Spanish its ugly cute

img_1920965_0_ce64d714d25989651709906e910ac3e0.jpg

FTMMWS said:
Awesome ,congrats (y)
Throw a chromis in tomorrow

There's a peppermint shrimp in there now. Plus I'm going to be picking up some feeder shrimp if that's ok (1 dz for 3$ at the marina).

Looks good,,,and yeah i forgot about the pep,,he'll definitely get that soon...What type of feeder shrimp?

FTMMWS said:
Looks good,,,and yeah i forgot about the pep,,he'll definitely get that soon...What type of feeder shrimp?

I believe pink saltwater shrimp. Not 100% sure. My buddy works at the marina and when I asked him that was all he had to say

Yeah. Lol. And I just added some war coral as well. I got a 8" piece today and some of it dragged off when being transported so I guess I'll try to see if it grows in here.

That's great. I just found a link to rapid led kit for my biocube so it looks like that's right around the corner too. I'm hoping the few corals I'm adding will do ok under stock BC's for a couple months.

Back
Top Bottom