300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So when are you getting out of that place and back home ? I assume your son is watching your tank for you.
Knowing you ,you'll get back home, the wife will put you in bed to rest while she goes and gets you some prune juice .. Upon her return you'll be gone,..she'll find you in your fish room dicking with the air valve on your protein skimmer :) ... She won't be happy !

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

LOL
No my body is going to dictate what I can and can't do for a while!
I go home tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's what I wanted. I read those dragon pumps were deluxe.

Yes, but I got one with very little use for $900 delivered. More than I wanted to spend, but I have had 4 skimmers over the +20 years on this reef and I decided to buy something that will last a while and do a good job.

WOW!!! Ya miss reading a few posts and look at what I missed!!:eek: :facepalm: So sorry to hear you needed this Greg and so happy to hear you pulled through.(y)(y) So the hard part should be over. (y) It's all about the recovery. So take it easy, watch the fish tank for some peace and get well as quickly as possible. :flowers:

Thanks Andy. Problem is I sit here too much contemplating all the things I want to improve instead of just enjoying it...but it's relaxing.

Yes, but I got one with very little use for $900 delivered. More than I wanted to spend, but I have had 4 skimmers over the +20 years on this reef and I decided to buy something that will last a while and do a good job.

Greg , are you planning on using this skimmer solo or are you going to run another one along side of it ,.... Knowing the size of your tank etc ( if running solo ) I might have guessed you'd taken another notch up on the skimmer scale ..(?)
P.s. Nice having you back again !

I run just under 500 gallons total, about 400 is in dense corals and fish. This unit is rated at 650, so I am hoping it will do the job. They get obnoxiously expensive when you get much larger.

This is my first cone shaped skimmer. Replacing the Hydor 2 pump unit I have. If the new one isn't enough, I'll leave the Hydor on line as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Andy. Problem is I sit here too much contemplating all the things I want to improve instead of just enjoying it...but it's relaxing.

Contemplating is okay. It keeps your mind active.. It's when you open up your wallet that you get into trouble. ;):lol:

I had a dream about you Greg. Been having crazy dreams a lot lately...Must have been all the rich food and Dominican booze. Glad to see it was just a dream ;)
Meanwhile, I'm 10 pounds heavier from an 8 day trip :(
Nice skimmer btw!

Since we have never met, that's funny. Crazy dreams come as part of the package when your kept on a pump at room temperature for a couple of hours during surgery.

Since we have never met, that's funny. Crazy dreams come as part of the package when your kept on a pump at room temperature for a couple of hours during surgery.
Naturally I don't remember but bits and pieces now, but I remember your tank, and it was on the third floor of your house....very odd, spooky place...lol.

Thanks.

Doug, that brand of beer is causing you to hallucinate at night. My tank is on the top floor of a three story 12 sided tree house. Really. And yes, I am very spooky.

Thanks.

Doug, that brand of beer is causing you to hallucinate at night. My tank is on the top floor of a three story 12 sided tree house. Really. And yes, I am very spooky.

What's the name of that beer ? I may have to try some !!! :-/

Back
Top Bottom