300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mama Juana ;)

Whoa ,.... Just checked it out ,..no wonder you had weird dreams !!! ,...doesn't sound like my cup of tea but glad you survived the trip .., hopefully you two had a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Got the new Vertex skimmer. It's huge! I am going to have to redesign my fish room to accommodate it. May also decommission my 22 year old ATS for one if the more compact ones to make room. It's never easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got the new Vertex skimmer. It's huge! I am going to have to redesign my fish room to accommodate it. May also decommission my 22 year old ATS for one if the more compact ones to make room. It's never easy.

So cool to see you finally got it .... Now the fun begins !! Re.huge .. I Would love to see a picture of it next to a can of Coke or something so we could see just " huge" it is

If that is next to one of those large tool boxes I get the size.
With the redesign of the ats, what's the plan? Going to go vertical this time around and ditch the bucket dumper?

Yes, I got a ATS from aquatics302 and will ditch the dump bucket ATS. That way I have access to the whole top of my primary sump for these big toys.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444163802.861380.jpg

No soda Dary...but something you can relate too.

Lmao !!! That sucker is a handful for sure !!! Let's get that baby cranked up and see what "mr bubbles " can do

As Doug mentioned, it's about air draw. This thing could suck a golf ball thru a garden hose.

Greg ,... Are you getting close to firing that beast up yet ? It looks like you could prob use it as a bar stool if it doesn't work out as a skimmer :)
Can't wait to see it up and running

I installed it today and removed the 22 year old ATS. The new ATS will be in next week. I need to install a new baffle in the sump to get 10" deep water for the beast. Then I will fire it up and start to break it in tomorrow. These Red Dragon pumps are big pumps. The air draw is 1/2" hose to each, plus ports for ozone which I won't be using. I'm ordering the self cleaning neck system.

The new skimmer broke in fast. Dark brown skim coming out of it. Redesign going well. ATS delivery delayed as he broke a fitting before he shipped it. I have a place all set up for it. It should be twice as effective as my old one.

Gregor ,..I would have thought you'd prob build your own ats ? Someday I should join the party too and get one. Sooooo I know it's early in the game but what's your overall first impression of your new skimmer ?.... I assume by now you're picking up a little speed and feeling stronger .

Feeling much better.
The skimmer is discontinued but it was a Vertex 300. It works very well. I have the self cleaning neck unit and it also works well.

Dary, I couldn't build another ATS as cheap as I bought the manufactured one.

Feeling much better.
The skimmer is discontinued but it was a Vertex 300. It works very well. I have the self cleaning neck unit and it also works well.

Dary, I couldn't build another ATS as cheap as I bought the manufactured one.

I take it that the " self cleaning neck unit " is on a little motorized unit with a timer ?

Back
Top Bottom