300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we had the melbourne cup yesterday its the horse race that stops the nation literally i live in perth and we went to the pub for lunch during work but i won 100 and that went straight to my tank :)

I am going to school for a job that will effectively double my current wages. Oh the fish tanks I have planned for when that happens :D

we had the melbourne cup yesterday its the horse race that stops the nation literally i live in perth and we went to the pub for lunch during work but i won 100 and that went straight to my tank :)

That shrimp didn't go on the barbie. It went in the reef tank. Sorry, couldn't help that.

I am going to school for a job that will effectively double my current wages. Oh the fish tanks I have planned for when that happens :D
I work to feed my family, then feed my hobbies. But I am trying to get in a position to trade corals for supplies and new acquisitions. The capitalist in me always wants to figure out a way not to spend $$$. But heaven help us, the big tanks are wonderful.

I think we may need an update or some pics soon Greg! I never get tired of seeing that magnificent tank.

Will do. Thanks!
Here's a picture of my 25 year old MaCaw, Simon. He's not a fish, but he is colorful.

Attachments

• image-1573318730.jpg
    image-1573318730.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 99
Yes they do. He will look just like this when they bury me. It's odd living your entire life with a pet that shows no sign of aging over the decades..

Last edited:
He said thank you...no really, he said thank you.

Aww. You're welcome, handsome! They're so smart! I love them! There is a pet store here that has one that lives in the store (personally I don't think they take very good care of him, but that's just me) and he's so funny. If you're not careful, he will follow you into the bathroom. Lol.

I do my best to talk people out of them. Most don't live their lives very long with their families. These birds bond for life, so it is a pretty staggering responsibility raising one. I was much younger when I got him and was not seeing the long term part of the affair. He is like having a kid that never grows up. Extremely smart. And loud on a level that is biblical.

Attachments

• image-1091140009.jpg
    image-1091140009.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Lol....He's a rare bird, because most of them do want to eat me.....or at least my fingers!
Tell him I'm sorry for stereotyping him :D

I bet. I've had several types of birds before, never a Macaw but an African Grey, Cockatiels, and Parakeet and the one thing I don't miss is the noise lol. I wold love to get another bird by at this stage of my life I would end up willing it to my son. Maybe another shorter lived one, though. Nice to see yours is do well taken care of, and the fact he narrates your videos is a bonus too hehe.

Lol....He's a rare bird, because most of them do want to eat me.....or at least my fingers! Tell him I'm sorry for stereotyping him :D

Don't misunderstand me. He would bite the crazy glue out of you, he just wouldn't serve you with wine .

Back
Top Bottom