300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I can get these to reproduce (which I believe I can) I will send you some when it gets warmer outside. They are pretty widely available on the net.

Picked up some frags from a local guy today. He wants me to grow them out into mother colonies. That's what I'm into, so should be lots of fun happening very slowly.

Way cool, any shots of the frags or have you even gotten a hold of them yet?

Went to the LFS and actually bought something instead of just dropping off corals. Got a pair of yellow headed gobies and a huge cleaner shrimp. Going in the frag tank for about a year before I try them in the 300.

Thoughts on a male blue jaw trigger fish in a mixed reef:

They do eat almost exclusively from the water column and not off the rocks, as a result has not gotten any polyps that I have seen,

He prefers meat, not so keen on vegetables,

He grunts.

He is tame, I can touch him and hand feed him, cautiously.

He is a very active swimmer that sets up race tracks he will scoot around for hours.

I feed him clams, so I suspect he is NOT clam safe.

Haven't seen him eating any inverts, but then I don't have any in this reef anymore. Thinking about sneaking a few sacrificial snails into the tank in the middle of the night so he can't see me doing it. My wrasse kill shrimp, so I know shrimp aren't going into the tank anytime soon, have them in the other tanks where they are safe.

The trigger fish makes as much waste as a dozen smaller fish. He likes to eat everyday and I think he would loose weight fast if I didn't maintained this regime. If trying to grow hard corals in the same system the filtration has to be pretty robust.

Not the most spectacular coloration, but his personality makes up for it. Same as me. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom