300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember reading this once before...I just don't know. It puts me off about having to use additives to have a reef and not change the water. I'd also like to see actual pictures of one set up, more close shots.

It is interesting isn't it? Julian writes a good article here. I have to take his opinion as to coral growth he describes at Monaco Aquarium. But it makes sense to me. The Berlin method has worked for me for decades, so I'm not ready to jump at this anytime soon, but it is interesting.

You know it holds weight since Julian wrote it...I just don't see any way to switch to the method on an established aquarium due to 6 months of scraping algae. I think that setup time will put people off.

As long as you have good gas exchange you'll be fine. As the article said, a surface skimming overflow and a power head aimed at the surface does the trick.

Went to Arizona, found corals I couldn't afford there. My son got me Christmas corals and I bought a few of these from a local guy. Got three different colors for $25.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388214120.195729.jpg

Back
Top Bottom