300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can't tell if it was asked before, but what is the large swaying coral in the center?Beautiful tank!

That was a variety of the anthelia that's dying back. All part of a cycle I have come to learn. It was only held in bounds by corals more toxic than them, which was all of them. This coral has no sting.

oh that's cool someone identified this little guy in my tank as an anthelia as well ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396869336.495553.jpg

My colony doesn't look so good anymore, it is dying back. They do that.

oh that's too bad, I believe it was your tank that I saw a while back in a YouTube video when the colony appeared to be thriving slowly leaning back and forth in the current

This time of year I get a sunbeam that goes across the tank around noon from a skylight in the roof. I noticed most of my cyano was in this band. Wondering if the sunlight is a factor.

I've heard of natural sunlight causing algae problems. But then again one of the most beautiful tanks I've ever seen gets about 2 hours of direct sunlight a day with no issues, her clam actually turns to face it every morning. So who really knows......

It most likely is involved in the process. I have a similar effect...but it started when I switched to Red Sea. We'll see when I get back to Kent in a couple of water changes.

Nice mushrooms

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom