36 gallon long tank update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Landonwyeley16

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I currently have:
1 pearl gourami
1 beta
2 Bolivian rams
2 bristle nose plecos
8 flame tetras
My tank has been doing great since I started I have had ick which I took care of pretty quick, an algae bloom, and one tetra death. But other than that I vacuumed out 25% of my water out once every week.
My tank is planted I have:
jungle val
Amazon frog-bit
Water Lilly bulb
And some other plants I can't re call the names of I had a onion bulb it grew really well but recently all of a sudden died other than that all my plant are doing great. I had some tetras lay eggs and that was a sight unfortunately as the eggs were laid they were quickly eaten. I will be getting red of one of my bristle nose plecos as soon as they are old enough to sex and they start growing bristles I am really want a male. I also want 3 yoyo loaches but it is tacking some time for my LFS to get them in, and in the time it is taking them I am having second thoughts I saw ONE it was huge and aggressive. I have a very peaceful tank and don't want any aggressive fish. Do u think it is worth the risk or should I think of something else? I know once I get the loaches my tank is going to be pushing the limit, but I really want some thing else bigger more mid to top dwelling fish I was thinking long fin black skirt tetras they are a good size at my LFS and would look beautiful in my tank but I don't know if I have enough room. Let me know what you think if I should go for it or not. Thank you.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391130193.798479.jpg
This is the yoyo loach I saw at my LFS that was an easy four inches long so cool I kinda regret not buying it but it was way to risky sorry about the quality of the picture

What I just had my water tested and it was perfect it might be a lack of food I mean I know she is not starving but it is trickery feeding them because of the tetras eat everything I need to put my whole had in there on the half chance that she gets some (spectrum pellets some of the best food highly recommended at myLFS and I TRY to only give them to my Bolivian rams at the bottom and my beta)

I am looking at it now it might also be the lighting in my tank making the coloration look like that and the picture is a little old so

They are fairly new? If that's the case just give them a few days, they'll perk up and be begging for food at the front of the tank in no time! Correction, sorry I missed the top post, I'm a dope it's not a EBR. Looks fine for a Bolivian.

Appologies, sometimes I miss stuff, the screen on my phone is kind of small haha.

My LFS always has a large assortment of rams in stock I only got the Bolivian because they were the cheapest it is Caesars Fish Palace in Santa Rosa, CA

Back
Top Bottom