36g moderately planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juand

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here it is, needs a bit of plant-trimming though.

Attachments

• Photo 11-08-01 10 17 53 AM.jpg
    Photo 11-08-01 10 17 53 AM.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Photo 11-08-01 10 18 05 AM.jpg
    Photo 11-08-01 10 18 05 AM.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 275
Looks very gorgeous. What kind of plants are those? Are they low light, or high light? I would like to try out some of that stuff. I'm still using plain old fake ones.

What is the stock in the tank?

It's in my profile, but here's a copy

36g Fresh Water
Fluval 205 canister filter
Moderately planted
3x Honey Gourami
3x Tiger Barb
2x Albino Tiger Barb
2x Green (Hybrid) Barb
2x Dwarf Gourami
10x Black Neons
2x Neons
8x Long tail tetras
1x Catfish

:)

I'm more curious on what types of plants they are. I've been thinking of going natural.. :) don't want to get into high lights atm, but curious on low light plants.

Looks very gorgeous. What kind of plants are those? Are they low light, or high light? I would like to try out some of that stuff. I'm still using plain old fake ones.

Thanks!

I used to have fake plants, but I got tired of them getting dirty and I have a sneaky suspicion they were letting off some chemicals that were not so good for the fish.

I went to the store and got some advice on what light to buy. It was more expensive than your regular purple lamps (about $200), but it was well worth it as now my plants look pretty good and I don't even need C02.

I don't know the names of the plants, but I asked for advice on picking plants that were low light and less likely to get eaten by fish. I have some floating plants which I believe are called "Banana plants" cause their root looks like bananas.

I'd very much recommend switching to real plants. Do it slowly, one or two at a time every 2-3 weeks... they're great!

I'm more curious on what types of plants they are. I've been thinking of going natural.. :) don't want to get into high lights atm, but curious on low light plants.

I don't know what kind of light you have, but if it's one of the standard low power ones, chances are you'll need CO2 to keep them happy. I tried real plants when I had just the normal light and they'd all die after a month or 2. I've now had these for 6 months or so and they keep growing insanely fast.

The light also made the tank look much nicer.

Try A H Supply for light kits. The gentleman is very helpful. I built a light kit to replace my 28 watt. Now I have a 55 watt, 5500 Kelvin. It really makes a difference.

Wonderful tank! :) I have the same tank :) I got it at Petsmart along with the same stand.

Your tank is awesome. I have all live plants as well. Mine are java moss, java fern, nanas and dwarf subs and several moss balls. Anyway they are all low light plants. I only add flourish exel and they are doing better than i ever could have hoped for. I don't have c02 and my lighting is fluorescent and i have 48 watts for a 45 gal. Tank. However my tank is 56" long and only 12" deep so the light doesn't have to travel as far.

Back
Top Bottom