40 gallon biotope build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still doing good. I've managed to keep them alive which is the great part. I still don't care at all about hiding and stay up on the driftwood.

lol Will do when I can borrow/afford to buy a camera. I took a few decent enough pictures of them in the tank. By decent I meant not overly blurry. Looking at the pictures now though I can't find the fish since it matches too well.

How are these? There's two red lizards in each.

img_1750605_0_3849cb98b815f7e8b916d224b984b7c6.jpg

img_1750605_1_4ad328dd9ac316bf45337ec4d326d1e1.jpg

They are so long! It took me a minute to find the second one. If you hadn't told me it was there, I might not have seen it at all.
They look really awesome with all the leaves in there. Have they colored up a bit more so you can tell what gender they are? I am guessing you might not be able to tell for awhile, but I will probably keep asking. Lol.

I never realized it until yesterday when I added them but I did somehow build around a color scheme that matches the leaves. All my fish are red, browns, and yellows.
Right now all three look brown to me. I either have all males or they have to grow so more. I guess we'll see. Don't worry if they have babies you can have some.

Well, in that case, you want to out some hormones in the water to get those guys growing! Lol.
Yeah, there is definitely a color scheme. And do you know would fit perfectly into that scheme? Oil cats.:whistle:

Yeah I did think the red lizards would be bigger and I'd have to wait for the tank to get used to having more fish. I might be able to get them sooner than I thought.
No spare tanks? I read you could keep 20 some oil cats in a 30 gallon lol.

Lol.
BTW, does your camera by any chance have a setting with different picture quality options? Just curious.
Yeah, those guys are so tiny that I am guessing they make virtually no impact on the bioload of the tank. I think it would be safe to add more fish after not too long.

It has tons of settings and I play with a bunch of I have zero clue what they do. It's an old, second hand digital camera and there's no manual for it so I just play around, take about 20 pics, and hope one is at least semi-clear. I want a good camera so I can try for the POTM.
Oil cats are still in stock. I forgot how big there eyes are lol. Now I just need some extra cash.

Yeah. Hopefully they'll have more than just the two tetras they had last time.

8 rosy, 2 kitty, 1 gold, and 1 you said not to count. I'm paying more attention for sure when I go back there.

Do they all school around together still? Hopefully they do have more kitties so you can fill out that school. At least you don't have any big scary fish in the tank that would make them want more friends to hide with. But those species look similar enough that they would probably just school together. My similar looking tetras tend to school together sometimes.

They stay fairly close together, although I wouldn't really call it school. They don't chase each other like the rosys do. They do really good together for the time being. Still not looking forward to trying to catch the silvertip. It seems calm but I know it can zoom around. At least it should be easy than if I had to catch a bottom feeder for some reason.

Yeah, since its a peaceful tank the tetras are probably not too concerned.
My silvertips deceived me into thinking catching them would be easy. Lol. I know its a little easier if you lower the water level in the tank a bit.

Lowering the water will probably help. I think the real problem is going to be trying to catch a fast fish while not getting the net caught in all the driftwood. That should be really fun.

Back
Top Bottom