5 gallon crescent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm slowly moving up from a 3 gallon to a 5 gallon crescent currently I have 2 neon tetras 2 aquatic dwarf frogs..can I add a couple more fish? Also can I do a sand substrate instead of gravel..will the frogs gulp up too much sand.

I'm slowly moving up from a 3 gallon to a 5 gallon crescent currently I have 2 neon tetras 2 aquatic dwarf frogs..can I add a couple more fish? Also can I do a sand substrate instead of gravel..will the frogs gulp up too much sand.

Maybe add 2 more Neons to complete the school but I wouldn't add much more. Maybe a few Endlers too. Why not just go to a 10 gallon. You can get them at Petco for $10.

The frogs should be fine with sand and id say add two more tetras they are schooling fish and there should be at least 3-4 in the tank anyway

My uncle has a really cool 10 gallon tank, might want to invest iin a 10 gallon?
He has eight ghost shrimp, two dwarf frogs four black kuhli loaches, four zebra danios, two mystery(apple) snails, five neon tetras, and two otocinclus(otos) you should definitely invest in a 10 gallon!, I wouldn't add anything else to that tank

My uncle has a really cool 10 gallon tank, might want to invest iin a 10 gallon?
He has eight ghost shrimp, two dwarf frogs four black kuhli loaches, four zebra danios, two mystery(apple) snails, five neon tetras, and two otocinclus(otos) you should definitely invest in a 10 gallon!, I wouldn't add anything else to that tank

I also agree to go with a bigger tank for every gallon you can have 1 inch of fish so for your five gallon you could have up to 5 1 inch fish ect

Those neons will not live long. They need 10 gallons and 5 in a group minimum. A 5 gallon is enough for a betta or dwarf puffer not neons. Go to a 10

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom