5 gallon with Red Cherries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dotswithchemicals

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm planning to create a Red Cherry Shrimp tank for my 5 gallon once my 10 gallon is set up for my betta fish, but I was wondering on how many I could keep in there? I'm going to buy about 10 so they can easily breed and I can feed them to my fish. But fish I need to know my limit!

I tried searching the internet.. but its oddly enough not really helpful. Although I did hear that about 100 could fit in a 20 gallon tank?

I'd shoot for around 50 in a 5 gallon. Most people seem to go with around 10 per gallon on average. It's obviously hard to count them when there's that many so its just a guesstimate.

I cant add much more than that, jetajockey. Oh, and it's good that your putting your betta in a 10 gallon! He will be so happy there!

Just make sure there are plenty of live plants. RCS love Moss also. Mine constantly pick biofilm off my plants. About 30-50 sounds right. Having plants and perhaps some wood to climb will add more vertical space and leave more floor space.

My tanks are in my sig.

Back
Top Bottom