55 Dream Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I will have to check it out for sure! I think I'm gunna do a group of 10 cardinals for sure with the rams, and maybe some guppies if I get courageous. Thanks again for all of your help guys!

Try your best to get all males if you get guppies, guppies are baby making machines and you will get over run by them if your not careful! This picture will help you tell the difference, female is on top and male is on bottom; the anal fin on a female is more rounded and flared out, a males is thin and pointed.

Attachments

• image-2888129638.jpg
    image-2888129638.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 19
Cool, so it usually the females that have the larger more colorful fins? I never knew that! Thanks! I'm thinking of getting oscars in the future, but maybe ill try to have only males until then!

Cool, so it usually the females that have the larger more colorful fins? I never knew that! Thanks! I'm thinking of getting oscars in the future, but maybe ill try to have only males until then!

The males have the brighter colors, it's just the anal fin on a female that's more fanned out than a males.

Back
Top Bottom