55 gallon Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illyoung

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my 55 gallon community tank. Would like some feedback. This is the link to my youtube video. Not sure if i posted it in the right spot but thanks for looking!

It was hard work. Still is... I don't know if I want to keep the sand. I think its clogging my filter. The outlet only though. Because I can feel the flow going I'm but I can't feel it coming out. I have a filstar canister... Any suggestions ???

illyoung said:
It was hard work. Still is... I don't know if I want to keep the sand. I think its clogging my filter. The outlet only though. Because I can feel the flow going I'm but I can't feel it coming out. I have a filstar canister... Any suggestions ???

Moving the outlet up a tad will stop it sucking up sand :)

Tank looks good :) was hard to watch the 5 mins and not want a new tank lol.

Heres a link to mine, guess its view for view:

I know what your saying about wanting another tank. I have a 30 along with the 55 but I want at least
Another 55or bigger. ADDICTIVE! LOVING THE SPORT OR HOBBY WHICH EVER IT IS CALLED !

Thanks! I just got a 75 g last night! So EXCITED ! So excited I threw away a sofa chair to make room for it. Lol. Any ideas for tank mates for Oscar,Texas (red and blue) , what else what else ?!?!? Oh how many?

I wouldnt do oscars, honestly. You can put one in there, and then there usually isnt a whole lot of options for tank mates. But thats just me. You more than likely would not be able to put the texas cichlids in with the oscar... they'd probably become food pretty quick.

Most people say not to put Texas with angels. If you look at my vid they are in there with them. Given I put the Texas in about a month after all the other fish were in there already. I think if u raise fish from juvies and add them all together the would be fine. Thats just me I'm just saying....

Keep the Oscar by himself, they are territorial, I have one

In my experience, its only a matter of time with Oscars. If their tank mate is large enough and aggressive enough, maybe... Like I hear people keeping Jack's with Oscars and it works out 50% of the time. But for the most part... Once the Oscar hits sexual maturity, they don't tolerate tank mates very well.

illyoung said:

Wrap the intake with a small piece of pantyhose.

Back
Top Bottom