55 Gallon Freshwater Stocking Sequence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrewl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had 7 Zebra Danios and 5 Black Skirt Tetras in my 55-gal aquarium (w/Marineland Penguin 350 bio-wheel) for about two months and am ready to add more as the water is good and stable. I'm considering adding 3-4 of each the following:
1) Kuhli Loach,
2) Cory Catfish,
3) Yamato or Amano Shrimp,
4) Otocinclus
Would you add two of these groups now? Which order would you add them?
Would you add all of these? I want to add at least two of them but probably not all four as I plan to get more danios and tetras in a few months to max my 55-gal.
I'm also considering adding an Amazon Sword or other plant to my now all-artificial decorations. My aquarium is now on the far great room wall so it never gets full sun. My only lighting (other than indirect sunlight) is a 48" LED strip.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated. :)
Lee
Charleston, SC

My current thinking is to get either 5 Kuhli Loach or Cory Catfish first, Oto last, and maybe pass on the Amano Shrimp.

Otos don't need to be added to a tank unless it has plenty off algae for them to feed. I love khuli loaches but there really active after lights out, more so then lights on. City's are always a good bet, but since you can provided the room for a decent school, I would do at least 6

Back
Top Bottom