55 Gallon Freshwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics: Betta, Silver Tip Tetras, & Harlequin Rasboras

Don't mind the Hair Algae on my plants. lol

Attachments

• AA-Aq078.jpg
    AA-Aq078.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 93
  • AA-Aq079.jpg
    AA-Aq079.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 97
  • AA-Aq080.jpg
    AA-Aq080.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 96
  • AA-Aq081.jpg
    AA-Aq081.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 93
More Pics...

:fish2:

Attachments

• AA-Aq082.jpg
    AA-Aq082.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 96
  • AA-Aq083.jpg
    AA-Aq083.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 91
  • AA-Aq084.jpg
    AA-Aq084.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 91
  • AA-Aq085.jpg
    AA-Aq085.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 94
Ya know, I guess this confirms that my 55g tank thread is now a multi-tank thread. lol I should have made a separate thread for my 10g, huh? lol

Looks great McLumpy!

Your betta looks like Elvis (our betta) and I really like them (veil tail?) best.

I want a volcano (that bubbles), but maybe my GF will let me get a hut like that, I like it a lot (y)

McLumpy said:
Ya know, I guess this confirms that my 55g tank thread is now a multi-tank thread. lol I should have made a separate thread for my 10g, huh? lol

No I liked with both. Make me feel like in the old days when I used to go to the movies and they always have two movies with an intermission!!
Whohooo!

Very cool! I love those rasboras. We put a small school of them in my daughters' tank. They stay together well and seem to be in constant motion.

Looks great McLumpy!

Your betta looks like Elvis (our betta) and I really like them (veil tail?) best.

I want a volcano (that bubbles), but maybe my GF will let me get a hut like that, I like it a lot (y)

Thanks! He does look a little like Elvis! Yep, I prefer Veil Tails, (that's all I've ever had in my tanks).

I believe you can get the hut at Petsmart, (at least I think that's where I found it before). It actually comes w/ a water wheel that spins when the bubbles push through, but mine broke. :( Now I have moss, (that Daileene sent me), in that area. The hut came w/ my 55g and at first I was like, "um, tacky!", lol, but it really adds a rustic touch to the tank.

No I liked with both. Make me feel like in the old days when I used to go to the movies and they always have two movies with an intermission!!
Whohooo!

:lol: The intermission cartoon characters just popped in my head.

Beautiful tank :)

This pic is interesting. The betta looks like a frog that is about to jump. Can you see it? Or is it just my wild imagination? Lol

Attachments

• image-607434783.jpg
    image-607434783.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 89
Very cool! I love those rasboras. We put a small school of them in my daughters' tank. They stay together well and seem to be in constant motion.

They are pretty active. I just hope that doesn't make my Betta twitchy. He's only shared his tank w/ Bamboo Shrimp and Pond Snails, so this is a big change for him. He did seem lonely though, so I had to give him some buddies. :D

Beautiful tank :)

This pic is interesting. The betta looks like a frog that is about to jump. Can you see it? Or is it just my wild imagination? Lol

:lol: I didn't see that when I was editing the pic, but now I do. I just figured he was giving the fish 'the stink eye'. Har! Har!

Thanks for the compliment on the tank! It's kind of a mess right now w/ all the hair algae. That and a few of the plants are rebounding and look bleh at the moment.

McLumpy said:
:lol: I didn't see that when I was editing the pic, but now I do. I just figured he was giving the fish 'the stink eye'. Har! Har!

Thanks for the compliment on the tank! It's kind of a mess right now w/ all the hair algae. That and a few of the plants are rebounding and look bleh at the moment.

I had the same problem with hair algae a few weeks ago. I was not home for 3 days and that's when I decided to unplug the lights(I was advised to do that). So the lights was off for 3 days and when I get home, 95% of the hair algae was gone :)

I had the same problem with hair algae a few weeks ago. I was not home for 3 days and that's when I decided to unplug the lights(I was advised to do that). So the lights was off for 3 days and when I get home, 95% of the hair algae was gone :)

I considered doing that, but I just can't bring myself to leave them in the dark for a few days. The algae started showing up a week or so ago. I'm setting up a timer tomorrow so it will have a 4/6/4 photoperiod. If it doesn't improve, then I'll drop the lights-on from 4 to 3.

McLumpy said:
I considered doing that, but I just can't bring myself to leave them in the dark for a few days. The algae started showing up a week or so ago. I'm setting up a timer tomorrow so it will have a 4/6/4 photoperiod. If it doesn't improve, then I'll drop the lights-on from 4 to 3.

I couldn't either. That's why I did it when I knew that I wasn't going to be home. Lol. I forgot to say that I also split my photo period(4-4-3-13) and turned off 2 of the bulbs. I had six on and it was too much. Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck :)

I couldn't either. That's why I did it when I knew that I wasn't going to be home. Lol. I forgot to say that I also split my photo period(4-4-3-13) and turned off 2 of the bulbs. I had six on and it was too much. Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck :)

Thanks! I'll see what happens in a week. I'm hopeful that it will work. I also have a little HG starting up in my 55g, but it's not enough for me to start altering the photoperiod. The lights stay on as long as the 10g, but I only have 1wpg over the 55g.

Back
Top Bottom