55 gallon Lake Malawi Biotope construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again. What do you mean by tall towers? Do you mean Rock that is higher then the others in some spots?

VTFish said:
Thanks again. What do you mean by tall towers? Do you mean Rock that is higher then the others in some spots?

Yes, like a long rock stood up on the end and stuff like that. The rocks you have look really good, enjoy!

Thanks a lot! i will enjoy the tank once i get the fish which maybe will be in a couple months or more. I don't know.

This is the tank with almost all the rocks inside.
Please tell me what you think of the scape and comment.
Thanks
Eli
63514-albums9704-picture39481.jpg

VTFish said:
This is the tank with almost all the rocks inside.
Please tell me what you think of the scape and comment.
Thanks
Eli

The only thing I'm not so sure about is that large rock at left center. Just doesn't seem natural, not sure why

Thanks for the reply. What do you think would make it look better? Maybe i should Remove that rock and put one that will look more natural.

It's not the rock itself, just it's position. Try moving it to the left and kinda make it settle into the other rocks more if that makes sense. It just looks almost like its perched there, like you can tell it's placed. Other than that, the tank looks awesome!

Thanks a lot for your comment! I understand what you mean now. I just moved the rock to a different position where it looks more natural. Soon i will post another photo of the tank.

Definitely! The left side (except that one rock lol) looks great though! Love that thinner, slate like rock!

Thanks again! I appreciate your comment. I got the slate like rock from a stream near my house. There is still a lot more i could get.

Looks great! I also like how the right kinda slops away, keeps the focus on the center and left side, looks great!

thanks! I also think it looks cool. I wasn't sure if i should add more rocks to the right side, but now maybe i won't.

Maybe one large rock that is more cylindrical, place diagonally (top towards the right glass wall), so it kinda looks like pride rock from the Lion King lol the only way I can think to describe it haha. Basically, it would be building off of emeralds idea haha usually, when I design a tank, I'll place the rock a few times and switch things around quite often to find that perfect position or formation ;)

Very nice looking tank. Im in the middle of cycling my 90 gallon. Its going to be peacocks and haps. Deff. following this one!(y)

Thanks a lot! I am glad you like it. This is my first time setting up a cichlid tank. It will be a while before i get the fish and finish setting it up. I will post a photo of the tank when it is more complete.

This is my first time setting up a cichlid tank. It will be a while before i get the fish and finish setting it up.
The 90 is my first cichlid tank as well. I am a month into the cycle but know it will all be worth it once I am fully stocked!

Here is a updated photo of the tank. I moved the rock that did not look natural.
Please tell me what you think.
Thanks
63514-albums9704-picture39509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom