55 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what I've got:

55 gallon tank
Glass versa top (x2)
Aqueon light strip
2 hydor powerheads 1150's
Aqueon heater
20 gallon sump (3 chambers)
Aqua top return pump (607gph)
Eshopps overflow box (300)
Overflow flex tube
Return hose
Return jet
Lamp for center chamber (refugium)
Digital thermometer
Hydrometer
Marine salt
Ro water source (greatly recommended, but not absolutely required)
Live sand (about 4 inches)
Live rock (70 lbs)

Last but not least, the item I need to finally finish my setup... Protein skimmer. I'm going with the reef octopus 110. You can go with the 150 if you have the room.

Good starting list You may want to go with screen tops An open top is better for gas exchange. Also you can skip the "live sand" as well as the "live rock" Doing so will save you a lot of cash Use dry sand and Base rock both will become live as your tank cycles. A small piece of live rock (1-2 lbs) will seed your tank and help move things along

Good starting list You may want to go with screen tops An open top is better for gas exchange. Also you can skip the "live sand" as well as the "live rock" Doing so will save you a lot of cash Use dry sand and Base rock both will become live as your tank cycles. A small piece of live rock (1-2 lbs) will seed your tank and help move things along

I go to a small lfs that sells live rock at $3.60 per lbs. not bad compared to some places.

Wow lowest price around me is $9.99 a lb for ugly rock. But dry base is $1.99 lb.

Back
Top Bottom