55 up and running.... FINALLY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
So its finally up and going. Been a super busy year and the stand is about 99.99% done. Just have to put the glass in and lights under the tank. I will be moving the fish and the bigger CO2 over soon and turning my 29 into a marine as well.

heres some vids.

Heres a pic of my tank so far not the best layout no, sugesstions would be nice! As well as it goes for my corys i have 20 of them!!!! Yet they have laid more eggs!! Omg did not know i had that many at all!! Also picked up 6 angel fishes at the store yesterday, but woke up to 2 of them laying dead on the bottom of the tank ??? also the water is quite murky for some reason??? My water tests have been stable and perfect but two angles died, the rest are gasping for air.... do i need an air bubbler in there? What do i do? Ahh!!! ?????????

1483686126349.jpg

So its finally up and going. Been a super busy year and the stand is about 99.99% done. Just have to put the glass in and lights under the tank. I will be moving the fish and the bigger CO2 over soon and turning my 29 into a marine as well.

heres some vids.

That is a nice setup! Very lush growth in there. Videos were very detailed. I'm in the process of building a new stand and found this very interesting.
The bubble output seems to be consistently small with that diffuser (nice).

Co2 output is too high and not enough oxygen. Fish can't breathe?
Did a water change, cleaned the filter and turned off the co2.
They seem to be doing better, not gasping for air constantly but still near the surface.

No ripples only from the sponge filter, was going to have a second filter hooked up and would have had one output making ripples and the other beneath it to help push all the water to the other end successfully but that filter arrived broken, not to mention my filter right now is only rated at 184 gph max.

Yes! Just point it towards the surface to get the ripple. Much better than a bubbler.

Yes! Just point it towards the surface to get the ripple. Much better than a bubbler.
It wouldnt be to much for the plants? Not to mention wasting co2? Im down for using it its just ive been told to much water agiation results in more $$ invested into co2..

Caliban where are you? Need your invaluable input here.

There is a fine balance that needs to be achieved between Co2 and fish needing to breathe.

I do not have a high tech set up but have done lots of reading. Caliban lives it daily and a few others here... Fresh2o? Delapool? Chime in plz...

Caliban where are you? Need your invaluable input here.

There is a fine balance that needs to be achieved between Co2 and fish needing to breathe.

I do not have a high tech set up but have done lots of reading. Caliban lives it daily and a few others here... Fresh2o? Delapool? Chime in plz...
I have wondered where the other guys have went as well.... pluto perhaps?? Lol?? Sincerely appricate your valuable inputs and patience!! with me here if im being a pain haha

As of right now i have turned off the co2 to save more money and put less stress on the fishies until i finally know what to do with it, so seems like putting the circulation fan in there for now would be the best choice

Good plan. I have seen thread updates for a few of them and they are feverishly revamping tanks. You may want to message them directly and ask them to chime in here on how the balance the needs of the many without wasted Co2.

Good plan. I have seen thread updates for a few of them and they are feverishly revamping tanks. You may want to message them directly and ask them to chime in here on how the balance the needs of the many without wasted Co2.
Will do that! Thank you again for your input, you have been very helpful!!

Will do that! Thank you again for your input, you have been very helpful!!
Turns out my cirulation fan was too much for the 55 gal!! Have another filter on the way to repalce the current one i have atm which is only 115gph -_____- also went to my LFS apparently the two angel i have gotten were a bad batch they got since all of the small angels like the two i got have died, and got a free large angel!!! ????? water is looking better, water chemistry is still fantastic!

I have had the "bad batch" happen to me so I KNOW what your talking about.

But remember not to make those fishes gasp too much with all that Co2.

It is good to have some water movement at the water surface for proper surface gas exchange. Just as long as water isn't splashing it'll be fine.

Edit: Just noticed that Mr. Aquaforce is not the OP. Please post your issue on a new thread as we don't want to distract from the OP's tank thread. Nice tank, Nick.

Back
Top Bottom