55G aquarium advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daneek155

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a 55g tank with a fluval 305 canister filter... i just bought a aquaclear powerhead rated up to 50 gallons... i positioned it on the right side about 5 inches from the top and 3 inches from the front... i noticed it causes little particles all over the tank that much be from the bottom... i am stocking rams and angels. what would you guys reccomend on this powerhead.. do i need it/does it help. thanks

it doesn't hurt to have it.
A powerhead is a water pump that helps circulate the water. This improves gas exchange and oxygen levels in the tank.

what's neat about the aquaclear powerhead is that it can be turned into a filter!
Just purchase the "quick filter attachment" for added mechanical and biological filtration.

Are they bubbles? If your powerhead has a little hole in the top part of it for attaching an airhead, make sure that's sealed off.

no its not bubbles i sealed off that top hole. i positionsed it a little higher and it looks ok now. what im worried about that is it going to cause stress to my fish because of the current in the water... i set it to the lowest setting. i have rams and angels in there.

you can aim the water current towards the wall of the tank, or point the direction upwards towards the surface.
This way, its not stressful for your fish.

Back
Top Bottom