55g planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 192755
Is this what you are referring to as lava rock? I had then sitting in a 5g bucket out in the shed. I had forgotten about them lol. They were "live rock" for my sw tank roughly 5yrs ago. They have been stored away for at least 3yrs now so they are surely "dead rock" now haha. But back to the question would these work as the lava rock for my fw planted setup?

They will work just fine in a fresh water tank

Also forgot to add I bought this with the plant the other day

View attachment 192756

Is this the same as the other stuff being discussed and water down to make safe?

Yep, its the same stuff, it just comes already watered down.

Awesome ordering glut next weekend going to rinse rock really well and headed out for some driftwood hopefully :)!! Thanks for all the help. Any suggestions on plants or where to order from?

image-268129106.jpg
Will this work for the Anubis to attach to the lava rock? Or do I really need to secure it all the way down?

Okay :)! Also just did my first test with API master kit. Here's a pic

image-1603854389.jpg

To me the ph looks a bit high close to the 7.6 range but could just be my bad eyes. Ammonia is between 0-0.25ppm which im guessing is to be excepted of a 2 week old tank. Nitrite is looking at 0. And nitrate looks like 0. Not sure if these are 100% accurate since this is my first go. But I followed the directions exactly as stated for each test. Then waited 5minutes. Any feedback is welcome.

Your tests look right on the money. The regular ph testing at 7.6 is not a problem. If you test using high range ph it will most likely match the 7.4 color.

Do the test just to make sure, it really isn't a big deal as long as its stable.

Ammo testing is good. The color difference between 0 and 0.25 can be difficult. My test usually falls somewhere between both.

Nitrite blue is great.

And nitrates at 0 is no issue also.

I thought so also lfs tried to sell me more fish lol. I told them im waiting at least till my tank hits the 4-6week mark before adding even 1 more fish.

Thinking about buying some fish online. Is there any place you would recommend? Lfs n chain stores around here dont carry a lot. And most @ lfs are saltwater :(.

Thinking about buying some fish online. Is there any place you would recommend? Lfs n chain stores around here dont carry a lot. And most @ lfs are saltwater :(.

I was gonna try livefishdirect.com to get a Demasoni of the right size shipped to me. The site is nice. They have good pics and some video. I was gonna get one for $19.99 but when i went to check out it jumped up to $55 so i decided I'll just look around my area for a while longer. So you can try them...all shippers probably have about the same prices

I guess no one else knows what the black spot on it is either lol. I hope its healthy

Okay so its week 4 the tank has been setup. We had a small ammonia spike on Tuesday. I think it was 0.25-0.5. Did a 75% wc then and again on Thursday. Did my normal 30%wc today. Tested 3hrs after feeding n wc. All levels are perfect :)! So we are thinking about adding a couple more fish. Current stock is

Cory's:2
Hifin tetra: 5( lost 1 albino about 2 weeks ago).

What would go well with these? Im thinking 3-5 more Cory's and maybe 2-3 more hifins and thatd be good for another 2-3weeks. But knowing my wife she may want a variety so please help, don't want to get things that aren't going to do well together.

Looks like my Anubis is dying. Test results from today show ammonia 0, nitrite 2.0ppm, nitrate 10-20ppm. I have no idea why nitrite spiked so bad. It was 0 last week and ive done 2 pwc this week. Also no new fish, or anything of that matter. Any help greatly appreciated.

image-1106562843.jpg

image-3854906054.jpg

Please help!

Back
Top Bottom