55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So feed ever other day no matter what even if the tank been up for a wile and everything

No once youve been cycling for 2-6 weeks you can feed them 2 times a day morning and night read my last posts please i already explained this

For feeding fry: Feed once to twice daily. Feeding can be done up to every other hour. The more you feed fry the faster they will grow. The downside to large numbers of feedings is that the tank bottom needs to be siphoned daily to prevent buildup of ammonia.

For feeding adult fish: Feed no more than once a day. In an uncycled tank feedings can be done daily without issue if you are diligent with testing water parameters. Feeding twice a day is 100% unnecessary except for a few certain exotic species of fish. It is recommended to fast the fish 1 day a week to clean out their digestive systems.

A fish in cycle can be perfectly safe for fish as long as you are diligent about the water parameters.

yeah I know....but I have reservations that he would? i guess...

impatience doesnt seem like a good reason to do a fish in cycle. but thats just me..

Im just wondering, as there is conflicting info here- one person is saying feed the fry every other day, another is saying feed them daily if not a few times a day. Which is it because thats a huge difference in feeding?

yeah I know....but I have reservations that he would? i guess...

impatience doesnt seem like a good reason to do a fish in cycle. but thats just me..

I think impatience is the primary reason people do fish in cycles ^_^

Thankfully after getting my first tank established it's a piece of cake to cycle any other tanks immediately. :D

My 29 is in a nursing home so it needs fish soon. So I'm trying a fishin.

For feeding fry: Feed once to twice daily. Feeding can be done up to every other hour. The more you feed fry the faster they will grow. The downside to large numbers of feedings is that the tank bottom needs to be siphoned daily to prevent buildup of ammonia.

For feeding adult fish: Feed no more than once a day. In an uncycled tank feedings can be done daily without issue if you are diligent with testing water parameters. Feeding twice a day is 100% unnecessary except for a few certain exotic species of fish. It is recommended to fast the fish 1 day a week to clean out their digestive systems.

I agree with you on feeding the fry but when cycling a tank with adult fish feed every other day to reduce ammonia once cycling is done you can feed them 2 times a day

I agree with you on feeding the fry but when cycling a tank with adult fish feed every other day to reduce ammonia once cycling is done you can feed them 2 times a day

I have 2 black mollies in my 55g and my ammiona was at 0 yesterday. I still need to do it today.

Adult fish don't need to be fed two times a day at all and doing so you are just creating worsening water parameters and a more intensive tank cleanup schedule.

I have 2 black mollies in my 55g and my ammiona was at 0 yesterday. I still need to do it today.

If 2 black mollies is the entire fish load in the tank then you won't see a rise in ammonia for a very long time. I would add 3 - 4 more fish at minimum to start having an effect on the bio filter.

Mmmm.. might be true when cycling but I feed twice a day & have great readings on 3 community tanks. It s the high light of they re day, we keep em in little confined spaces, out of their natural enviroment, seems mean to then not feed them on a regular schedule.

Back
Top Bottom