56 Gallon Column work in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you upgrade the lighting? The one we have on sale has a single strip that comes with it. I was wondering how that would work out.

Yes that strip light was for the birds. I had a 2x65 watt compact florescent that I put on there. So far so good. I may upgrade to LED after the wallet shock from all the other things I have purchased wares off.

Yes that strip light was for the birds. I had a 2x65 watt compact florescent that I put on there. So far so good. I may upgrade to LED after the wallet shock from all the other things I have purchased wares off.

Awesome. I was thinking that I would have to upgrade those right off the bat so thanks for confirming! You've also opened me up to checking out the rainbow fish as well. They look great in there!

I’m going to add my African Bush fish (I have a baby photo of him in my images) this weekend. I’m just hoping he doesn’t harass the rainbows too much.

The bush fish didn't take the move to well. He now has what looks like ick. I noticed a few days ago and I added a uv box filter and it seems to be helping. Non of the other fish are showing stress.

avonsurfernc said:
How do you like the LED? How much she set ya back?

Sorry, do you mean the uv sterilizer? It's so much better than filling the tank with the blue stuff or really disturbing the other fish who seem fine. It was around $40 bucks and can be added and removed at any time which makes it handy. Even in the 56 it's too big to keep in there all the time. Also it has greatly increased the flow and everything is blowing around.

Looks great! The column tanks next to 40b are my favorite smaller tank. Vesuvius sword is a cool plant ill have to try a couple of those.

Looks fabulous. I have the same tank! Currently it is artificial plants. I just started with planted in my 20L. Your plants are great to get some height. It is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Looks fabulous. I have the same tank! Currently it is artificial plants. I just started with planted in my 20L. Your plants are great to get some height. It is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks I really appreciate it.

Great job, it's looking very sweet. Amazing driftwood. It's great when you come across a piece that just looks RIGHT! :)

Looks great! The column tanks next to 40b are my favorite smaller tank. Vesuvius sword is a cool plant ill have to try a couple of those.
Wow smaller.... This is my bigest one. I dont have a lot of room left in my house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom