56g Column Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are a couple more pics of him. :)

img_2266383_0_32430e22feb11342e3c0828943e26836.jpg

That's a normal sized plant weight if that gives you a size reference.
img_2266383_1_c524e7cb575e5a6ffd7493757054a92c.jpg

It is alive!!!! (currently fishless though)

img_2266708_0_b6b7a4875d20ccba989d2251c3e19e4d.jpg

Last edited:
Let this be a public service announcement for all:
Make sure you check your canister filters thoroughly for cracks before you set them up. In addition, make sure your inline heaters are in a place where they can't get stuck and you can reach the temp dial.

I will let all your imaginations take it from here. :banghead:

Let this be a public service announcement for all:
Make sure you check your canister filters thoroughly for cracks before you set them up. In addition, make sure your inline heaters are in a place where they can't get stuck and you can reach the temp dial.

I will let all your imaginations take it from here. :banghead:

Ah geez, is your canister broken?

There is about an inch long break in the side near the bottom. Thankfully it was a trickle but there was still a large amount of water to be cleaned up. The heater got stuck behind the tank and wouldn't budge and the dial got knocked to 90 degrees so this morning I literally had to deal with a hot mess.

well after a fun filled day the filter has been replaced, the heater is now very accessible, and there is no longer water on my floor.

Here are some plant pics.

Hygrophila Polysperma 'Rosanervig'
img_2268788_0_fd5aabd19c90c4d3a926e72a30a8f5c9.jpg

Hygrophila Polysperma (typical green kind)
img_2268788_1_159c71493d7ddc562c7baed8a4f19f95.jpg

Alternathera Reineckii 'Cardinalis'
img_2268788_2_2247fa1a080bc8e8e4d2d03322caf8df.jpg

well after a fun filled day the filter has been replaced, the heater is now very accessible, and there is no longer water on my floor.

Here are some plant pics.

Hygrophila Polysperma 'Rosanervig'

Hygrophila Polysperma (typical green kind)

Alternathera Reineckii 'Cardinalis'

Looks great sky! I'm glad you were able to get everything fixed so fast.

skywhitney said:
Me too buddy!

Here is a new pic of the two new puffers. Now for a total of 3.

Sweeet!! How did you cycle the tank? Used media?

Sweeet!! How did you cycle the tank? Used media?

I actually haven't cycled it. It is a fish-in cycle but with only 3x 1/2" fish in 56g I don't think they will create enough waste to cycle it anyway lol.
img_2271937_0_87f56bac98fee35988f27d6acf4c39f7.jpg

:eek: no wonder you got fish so fast!

Sky!! You're killing me with those pictures!! Are you seeing lots of personality?

:eek: no wonder you got fish so fast!

Sky!! You're killing me with those pictures!! Are you seeing lots of personality?

I am quickly becoming a puffer nut and these pics aren't helping lol

I am seeing tons of personality! Specially in Fugu (the first one I got), the other two I just got today so I have yet to really see how they behave but from what I've seems they have just as much personality as Fugu.

I am super happy I held out and got these guys. They are AWESOME!

I'm amazed at how these pics are coming out honestly. I kinda don't want to put more lights on the tank cause it has a dark, creepy feel to it right now which I kinda like lol.

Last edited:
Cool tank!!

+1 on the no more lights! I think it could be a really cool natural looking tank with dim lighting!

Cool tank!!

+1 on the no more lights! I think it could be a really cool natural looking tank with dim lighting!

Yeah I think it would but I need todo height light for the plants I have in there. I'm going to see if I can find a happy medium though to keep it kinda creepy while also getting higher light for the plants

Yeah I think it would but I need todo height light for the plants I have in there. I'm going to see if I can find a happy medium though to keep it kinda creepy while also getting higher light for the plants

Yeah, you could keep the creepy light look if you let your plants grow tall and block some light too

Indeed I could :). I'm having a lot of fun with this tank already.

I got an email that my light should be here this week so here's hoping!

Back
Top Bottom