5g hex build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is the best bet IMO. I don't think I will ever order fish though, because shipping can cost about 10 times the price of the fish!
annoying,isnt it.once i was on aquabid and found really cheap RCS,but the shipping was more than the shrimp:banghead:

No, $10-16 isn't bad, but many sellers charge outrageous shipping ($25-60). I guess the LA is probably most of the ones I have looked at.

so if i seeded the tank with a handful of gravel how long would it take to cycle? also should i feed the betta anything special?

so im chosein between crowntails and deltas im afraid of crown tails tails ripping does that happen often? and could i keep 2 femals in the tank or am i better off with just 1 male

edit: im not sure what color gravel to get should i go black or another color?

A betta tank would be lovely!

I viewed pics of the two you mentioned and I like the delta better (to me the crowntail looks like fin rot lol), although I think I like the fan tails more. But it's your Betta and your tank :)

When I went to the lfs on North Main, he had some nice bettas in small cubes (I hate seeing them in small cups at the lfs, although at least this lfs had them in a bigger size cube than the small cups you usually see which don't allow them to spread out their fins), the bettas looked good. You might try there first when you are ready before ordering online.

As for the gravel it might depend on the color betta. Since they are so colorful you don't want to get anything that will wash it out (e.g. red gravel and a red betta lol). Black (or maybe a dark blue) is probably the fail safe color since, unless you get a black betta, any other color should show nicely against it.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
so if i seeded the tank with a handful of gravel how long would it take to cycle? also should i feed the betta anything special?

Filter media would work better then gravel. Just sayin. Lol. The Betta does need to be fed floating pellets. People recommend the hikari bio-gold ones.

I'm still following wolf. :)

A betta tank sounds lovely. Thats on my list of to do tanks. One day any ways.....

Can anything other than a single betta go into the 5g though?
Like fw shrimps or any other fish?

carey said:
I'm still following wolf. :)

A betta tank sounds lovely. Thats on my list of to do tanks. One day any ways.....

Can anything other than a single betta go into the 5g though?
Like fw shrimps or any other fish?

Shrimps, a betta, and snails really are it in a 5. Lol. Fish that fit are pretty scarce other then bettas.

hmmm maybe a 5g could be in my future. lol

Just one betta right? I heard they do better in a 10g min so I was holding off.

Then again, I have an empty 10g tank just sitting around for now. I'll have to follow this thread and see if I get any ideas.
:-D

carey said:
hmmm maybe a 5g could be in my future. lol

Just one betta right? I heard they do better in a 10g min so I was holding off.

Then again, I have an empty 10g tank just sitting around for now. I'll have to follow this thread and see if I get any ideas.
:-D

They do do better in a 10, but they'll be fine in a 5. :) the cool thing about the ten is that you can have fish with him lol.

im goin betta and mabye shrimp if i feel like walking il get gravel today and mabye some dw if it's cheap i only have $10 should i walk or be lazy and wait?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
im goin betta and mabye shrimp if i feel like walking il get gravel today and mabye some dw if it's cheap i only have $10 should i walk or be lazy and wait?

IMO, if you're going substrate... Home depot and lowes can save you 15$. Their gravel/sand is 50 pound bags for like 3 bucks. Just do NOT get paver sand lol.

I got 50lbs of pfs at home depot for like $4 a bag. But then he'll have like 40lbs of extra. lol

I'm liking the betta and shrimp idea. I may have to copy you! LOL j/k (well a little)

carey said:
I got 50lbs of pfs at home depot for like $4 a bag. But then he'll have like 40lbs of extra. lol

I'm liking the betta and shrimp idea. I may have to copy you! LOL j/k (well a little)

use aquabid for bettas go look there beautiful

I would definitely go substrate for today since you just have $10 dollars and you can always get DW later.

On a side note, be 100% sure the DW isn't rough or it may tear your betta's fins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom