5G stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meganangeline

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had recently purchased a 5G tank which came with a whisper filter. I also bought a heater for it. I had moved my current Molly fry into the tank thinking it would be easier to take care of them in there. Unfortunately half of them died, so I moved them back into the mesh breeder net in my 75G aquarium. Now I have an empty 5G aquarium. I was researching and found that shrimp, African dwarf frogs, OR a Betta would work in the tank fairly good. However, I am unsure of which inhabitant I would like, they're all so unique. Thanks for the help!!

Cherry shrimp or a similar species would be my choice for that size tank, you can keep 100+ of them since their bioload is low.

Cherry shrimp or a similar species would be my choice for that size tank, you can keep 100+ of them since their bioload is low.

+1 on that. The ADF may need double the space.

I'm going to do a Taiwan river biotope in my 6gall. Perfect for RCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

This is my 5.5 gallons rimless low tech tank with a HOB filter and dual T5 lighting. It is stocked with 12 red cherry shrimps, 2 otos and there would be 10 SS grade CRS in less than two days. As for plants I have java fern, java moss and crypts. You could do about the same as me, it is very easy to maintain. I suggest to cycle the tank properly before adding any shrimps.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408713002.854081.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408713036.758200.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408713096.182794.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408713118.673969.jpg

Back
Top Bottom