60 gallon; 3 tier; waterfall tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Todo:

Steal back the decorations from me4sweetd's angel breeding tanks.

Me4 & I've been talking about building under water LEDs. I just don't believe the steel poles holding the marineland will stay straight forever.

Trying to find a way to augment the water flow a little more.. The g6 is just not quite fast enough for a solid water fall.

We had built a 900gph DIY canister filter for the tank, but it totally disintegrated itself.. The pressure on the canister itself is immense. Crushed it like a beer can.

It may not be perfected yet, but it's still the coolest tank I've even seen.
Even when I finish my tanks they aren't finished. There is always something I see that I want to add or change. And mine are the regular old rectangle kind. So I'm sure there will be all kinds of creative things you'll be doing for a while. But I hope you can sit back and spend time enjoying it now and that the hard part is finished.

Hello,

I really like this tank design, its great to see someone experiment and build outside of the box!

Keep up the great work, I am looking forward to following this thread!

-Kona

I think you should do this next: have a spiral staircase and have this type of waterfall design spiraling with the staircase. That would be awesome!

maxwellag said:
I think you should do this next: have a spiral staircase and have this type of waterfall design spiraling with the staircase. That would be awesome!

Hehe!

I'll go out right now and buy a new staircase. ;)

WendiDell said:
A spiral stair case Waterfall fish tank would be worthy of that new show Tanked

The challenge is, supporting a tank that heavy. The filtration would be built into the floor.

Huh? I watched the one where they built a old car aquarium... What was that then?

No worries, I'll just post more pix.

Attachments

• image-1689478840.jpg
    image-1689478840.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 183
  • image-3740486183.jpg
    image-3740486183.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 234
Back
Top Bottom