60 litre tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mundle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I,have a 60 litre tank
Filter heater plants
3 guppies (which I could move if necessary )
And one small catfish
This tanks been running for at least 6 months
And I want some " big" fish in there
Like angel gourami or others
PLEASE ADVISE
PS thanks in advance

Id be fine with a couple as 'centrepieces'. But buy them small, you will probably have to upgrade your tank when they get bigger. Others might tell you not to at all. if getting angels i would buy 2. From experience whenever i have kept them in odd numbers the one that is left out or by itself turns into a fin biter! I think they like to pair.

Thanks for the help, but I don't want to upgrade do you know of any other fish. And can I put the angels with guppies

Id be fine with a couple as 'centrepieces'. But buy them small, you will probably have to upgrade your tank when they get bigger. Others might tell you not to at all. if getting angels i would buy 2. From experience whenever i have kept them in odd numbers the one that is left out or by itself turns into a fin biter! I think they like to pair.

I wouldn't put angels with guppies. And I wouldn't put them in a 15 g tank. Try sparkling gourami.

No angels in a 15g. You probably won't be able to notice that it is time to be rehomed and will get stunted. Also about saying they need to be in pairs. Remember that angel fish are cichlid and therefore wi act like a cichlid so that's where it's nipping comes into place it is probably just trying to stake out it territory. Also keeping them in pairs is ok but unless they are evenly matched i.e lip locking with know one taking advantage of the other you might get some issues especially if they are the same sex

Sorry, no angels in a 15 gal; not even one. They grow to a large size and need more room. What kind of catfish do you have? Cory? Pleco?
You could probably do a small gourami, like a sparkling or dwarf (avoid the larger ones like kissing gouramis).

Smallish fish, big on attitude - I would put a pair of Apisto's in there, take out the guppys.

I have a pleco
Could I get a few dwarf gourami
What are apisto

Apistos are a form of dwarf cichlids. If you wanted a pair you'd have to get rid of everything else.

Gouramis either should be solo or in large groups or they can attack each other. Also different kinds of gourami shouldn't be mixed as they'll kill each other. If you don't want a gourami, look into a Bolivian Ram (not the German Blues as they are rather difficult to keep). You might be able to do one gourami (make sure it's a sparkling or a dwarf; anything else is too large) and one bolivian.

Your big problem is the pleco. You didn't say what kind it is but plecos are very messy (high bioload) and some can grow very large. I don't know of any pleco that should be in anything less than 30 gals for this reason. So the pleco is taking up a lot of your tank space in terms of bioload so your stocking options are rather limited because of this.

Thanks for all your help

Sorry I don't really know what kind of catfish but it does grow that big i think its bristlecone catfish not common

I don't like Bolivian rams
Any other fish that size.
Can I breed dwarf gourami 1 male 1 female

If I just get one gourami any suggestions on tank mates

Bristlenose pleco's are pretty obvious... Google some images of it and see what you get. Also getting a female dwarf gourami is rather difficult. They are just pale grey with no colour so they don't get sold to often. Croaking gourami are nice also and I don't think they get that big.

Some pygmy Cories? Would look nice but the floor space is basically taken up by your pleco. How big is your pleco so far? Does it have any bristles on it? If its a female it will be like 3 inches and a male will be around 5. I know people use 20gs to breed them but I don't know of they can grow out in the tank...

Sorry for the misunderstanding I want big fish
It's is a bristlecone pleco
Not sure if male or female, i think female.it doesn't have bristles it's 3 inches not growing.
(PS can I breed those in a 16 gallon).
I can get female dwarfs at my fish shop ,can't get sparkles

Can you put 2 dwarf male gouramis together I read online of first hand accounts that you can

Back
Top Bottom