60G Peacock/Hap Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably. They're also the smallest. I love watching the dominance pyramid form. It's fascinating to me

It is a fascinating process. I am starting a new peacock tank soon hopefully, so excited!

1 Sunshine peacock
1 Rubescens peacock
1 OB peacock
1 sulfur head peacoc k
2 zebra obliquidens

That's the plan

I love the sulfur heads. I almost got a OB today, but I have heard of them either being the bully or cooperative with everyone else. I wasn't in the mood to chance that. I also love the zebra o's. What size is the tank for these guys?

No I am not interested in them with my stock, I just think they are pretty fish. I saw some fully grown ones in the display tank I got mine at today.

Update: It's only the 2nd day so next to nothing has changed. Noticeable changes is that over night they dug out a little hole and made it deeper in the sand under some rocks and piled the sand up outside the opening of one side.

I have also noticed that 1 of my dogs loves to watch the tank which may be one reason why some of them are constantly hiding. I also read that if the tank isn't stocked enough they will hide and not feel as comfortable. Hopefully finishing my stocking asap

Update: It's only the 2nd day so next to nothing has changed. Noticeable changes is that over night they dug out a little hole and made it deeper in the sand under some rocks and piled the sand up outside the opening of one side.

I have also noticed that 1 of my dogs loves to watch the tank which may be one reason why some of them are constantly hiding. I also read that if the tank isn't stocked enough they will hide and not feel as comfortable. Hopefully finishing my stocking asap

sounds like a good plan, maybe the dog is making them nervous like you said

I am going to possibly add more rocks today and rescape to make more hiding places.

Or ill hold off on doing that till I get more fish. BUT if I add rocks I buy from a stonery. Do they still need to be boiled and cleaned? Or are those okay to put straight into the tank

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Day 3 update:

I added 5 fish and a background.

Background: Black

Fish:
1 - Protomelas johnstoni
1 - Labidochromis caeruleus "clown lab"
1 - Oropharynx tetrastigma (Lethroinops instermedius)
1 - Labidochromis mamba
1 - Aulonocara maylandi "sulfurhead"

Tank with background. I still want to add more rocks but I really like this scape and if I got more I don't know how I would set it up

Attachments

• 1450550558359.jpg
    1450550558359.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 47
Eureka red

Attachments

• 1450551054511.jpg
    1450551054511.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 48
P. johnstoni

Attachments

• 1450551156863.jpg
    1450551156863.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 51
White clown lab

Attachments

• 1450551533066.jpg
    1450551533066.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 42
It's truly elegant. I see what you mean about not knowing where to add more. It seems perfectly balanced! I'm sure if you do add more, you'll find a way to add in without detracting from how you have it now.

Thank you! I actually went to a local stream and collected some more rocks. I don't like seeing any of my cichlids glass run, so i felt it was necessary to make a more complex environment for them to explore. Also make more territories.

I have no idea how I am going to set it up yet or if I am going to change anything. I do have the rocks and I am going to play around with it in a little to see if I can work something out.

Yup! Already boiled and cooling off

Back
Top Bottom