60G Peacock/Hap Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well thanks for the follow and compliment. I'll try to keep it as updated as possible. There are still some fish that are being camera shy

Sent from my VS986 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not a surprise. My pride and joy peacock (aulonocara hansbaenchi) stayed hidden the first full month I owned him. He is now the most personable fish in my tank (owned him for two years). He will eat from my hand .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a pretty fish! Looks a lot like the eureka red. I can't decide who I like the most yet

Thanks, my main thread is TMRC'S tanks if you happen to stumble across it. Would love to discuss all subjects African related. I'll be following your threads along. Peacocks breed easily, if you do discover a favorite don't hesitate to pass those genes along. I truly enjoy these guys, one of the more underappreciated species of this hobby.

I'll have to take a look at yours and see what it is all about! I agree, when I was doing my research to decide what species I wanted to do in the finals it was between peacocks and haps or lake Tangs.. Maybe in the future I'll have a lake tang tank.

Its only the plastic cover. In front of the intake tube so their is no splashing or anything purely cosmetic.

I keep everything from Malawis to south/central American cichlids to saltwater so it's a mix of topics. Always nice to see more African cichlid keepers here though.

No hard feelings exigenn. Just a matter of preference. I agree TMRC, it's nice to be able to help other people getting into the cichlid hobby as well

no hard feeling here lol. Just pointing out that it is purely cosmetic and does not effect the filter or light in any regard.

I checked it out! It makes sense.. I just don't want to do anything to the any part of the filter. Thank you for the advice though

Good morning everyone! I figured I'd start this day with a side view picture of the tank.

Attachments

• 1450617868628.jpg
    1450617868628.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 42
Thank you! I didn't realize how much thought I could put into setting up rocks

I have just been thinking and curious.. when will I know if one of the cichlids I have is a female? How long will it take for the aggression to begin? I was wondering ways besides looking at vent or waiting for the colors to show

Update! I just added an Aqueon 55/75 filter today.

So now I am running a Penguin 350 and the Aqueon 55/75

Here is a picture with the new filter in

Attachments

• 1450887740417.jpg
    1450887740417.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 34
Nice tank. I love jacobfribergis my pair are awesome but unfortunately haven't completely colored up yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you! I love mine as well, he is still young.. But he is starting to show some red in the fins. Which Jacobfreibergi do you have?

I believe it's Eureka but I'm not sure since he was labeled "jacobfribergi peacock cichlid" at Petsmart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom