70 gallon cube build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaunk1978

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys/ladies.... Had the 93 cube hardware Ideas thread going and some of you helped out.
Well switched it up a bit and bought the last 70 gallon Marineland cube on earth I guess heres some pics....

Attachments

• image-2895792904.jpg
    image-2895792904.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 235
  • image-1704591538.jpg
    image-1704591538.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 129
Well a couple pics of the hardware going to see if can get couple days vacation for Thursday, Friday. We'll see if we can get this baby running.... More pics to follow.

I know this is an after thought but should I worry about weight on my floor?

Following along on this one.... love the look of that tank. You starting an all new system, or moving the nano stuff over?

Looks good already :lol:. It's not upstairs is it? I think it should be fine. I have my 75 gallon on the second floor and it's fine. As long as it's not a 100 year old house (exaggerating) then it should be fine!

I like the looks I that tank! Can't wait to see it set up!! Keep us updated. And don't forget the pics! :)

I like it too, I was going to do the 93 but then I saw this, I like that its shallower and wont require as much light to get to the sand bed. It will bee easier to clean too.

In the long run the livestock from the nano will end up in the 70, the nanos moving and going to be a QT tank

All right, one last piece of equipment left to buy..... The skimmer. Any suggestions? Don't want spend a fortune, but want something nice.

Regarding the weight, yes it can be an issue. About 1000lbs over 3 or 4 floor joists. Will the tank be against a load bearing wall? Is it on the bottom floor with a crawl space perhaps? Will it be sitting above a large room in the center?
Fish tanks have more weight per sq ft than an old style tv or waterbed.

Ok, trying to get the last few things together for this build. I want to start my wiring and plumbing but need my sump pump and skimmer. This skimmer thing is a hard choice to make. Any other Ideas on skimmers? I think I would like to keep it out of sump to keep room for live rock/ macro. 70 gallon cube RS-100 sump.

Also, how many GPH should I be moving on 70 tank with 20 gallon sump?

I run a mag 7 on a 75 wide opened. Good flow and not ripping through the sump. A mag 9is larger and you will have to dial it down with your check valve, use more power and a little louder. That why I went with the 7.Whatever you use go with a mag.

Back
Top Bottom